Time for Lemon Law? What do you think?

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Just want to know what you guys think. I got my car on 11/25/22, and I couldn't log in/use the PCM system for 6 months. My dealer ordered a special part for me to fix the problem back in Feb/March, and so far, I haven't heard anything yet. Does my car qualify as a lemon?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Could be time travel that's causing the problem?
(or maybe a typo on the date)

PCM is completely blank?

Have they offered you any compensation?
The last time they told me the part is in transit

PCM is completely blank?

Not blank but can't set up my account. The SOS light is red, not green. In order to use set up the PCM system, the SOS light has to be green. The PCM is always on guest mode. I want to hear what you guys think b

PCM is completely blank?

I just want to see what everyone thinks b4 I talk to them. The PCM is always on guest mode when I want to use it. I can't set up the account bc the SOS light is red, not green (according to my dealer) They ordered the part I need and it is in transit. OK...Still in transit for 3 months?)

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
With the war in Ukraine and the semiconductor shortage all parts are taking a very long time. Your car is still working fine. At best you could ask a financial compensation and see what they say, but you do not have a lemon certainly. My humble opinion.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
With the war in Ukraine and the semiconductor shortage all parts are taking a very long time. Your car is still working fine. At best you could ask a financial compensation and see what they say, but you do not have a lemon certainly. My humble opinion.
Thank you for your opinion. Really appreciate it.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The last time they told me the part is in transit

Not blank but can't set up my account. The SOS light is red, not green. In order to use set up the PCM system, the SOS light has to be green. The PCM is always on guest mode. I want to hear what you guys think b

I just want to see what everyone thinks b4 I talk to them. The PCM is always on guest mode when I want to use it. I can't set up the account bc the SOS light is red, not green (according to my dealer) They ordered the part I need and it is in transit. OK...Still in transit for 3 months?)
I had the same issue on delivery but the technician at the dealership was able to solve it. It took 20 minutes with their laptop plugged in to my car and then the light went green and everything worked. I hope it will get solved soon.

With the shortage of cars it might take a really long time to get another one.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
I had the same issue on delivery but the technician at the dealership was able to solve it. It took 20 minutes with their laptop plugged in to my car and then the light went green and everything worked. I hope it will get solved soon.

With the shortage of cars it might take a really long time to get another one.
May I ask who your dealer is? I can have the technician to them? Thank you.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Doesn't a car have to be out of service at the dealer in order to qualify for Lemon Law?

• The problem first occurred within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first);
  • If required by the warranty or owner’s manual, you notified the manufacturer about the problem; and
  • You have taken the vehicle in for repair by the manufacturer or its agents:
    • Four or more times for the same problem and it still is not fixed, or
    • Two or more times for the same problem, if that problem is big enough to cause death or serious injury, and it still is not fixed, or
    • The vehicle has been out of service for repair for more than 30 days (the 30 days do not need to be in a row).
Car isn't out of service..........

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Doesn't a car have to be out of service at the dealer in order to qualify for Lemon Law?

• The problem first occurred within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first);
  • If required by the warranty or owner’s manual, you notified the manufacturer about the problem; and
  • You have taken the vehicle in for repair by the manufacturer or its agents:
    • Four or more times for the same problem and it still is not fixed, or
    • Two or more times for the same problem, if that problem is big enough to cause death or serious injury, and it still is not fixed, or
    • The vehicle has been out of service for repair for more than 30 days (the 30 days do not need to be in a row).
Car isn't out of service..........
Correct. OP, your car isn't going to qualify as a lemon unless it's been out of your possession.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Search for lemon laws for your state. I'm positive lemon laws do not effect cars delivered in the future. ;)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
May I ask who your dealer is? I can have the technician to them? Thank you.
Carrera motors in Gent Belgium. I don’t know if their English is good enough to explain. But if they can do it here Porsche should be able to explain in to your dealer.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Thank you for your opinion. Really appreciate it.
By the way, this is why it takes almost one year now to obtain a car. There are many components in shortage. Good Luck. This is a totally great car which you can enjoy still today.

By the way, this issue about the SOS Button has been mentioned here before. I just did a quick search and there was a process for Porsche to follow to reset it. I hope your concession did it and it simply didn't work ???? here is the link

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/pcm-stuck-in-guest-mode.8833/page-3#post-136287

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
The PCM is always on guest mode. I want to hear what you guys think
I had the same issue on delivery but the technician at the dealership was able to solve it. It took 20 minutes with their laptop plugged in to my car and then the light went green and everything worked.
I had the same issue when I picked up my car for the initial delivery. The technician ran out of time when he was trying to set up the car so I needed to bring it back to get my account registered.

A few days later I brought it back to the dealership and after many more attempts to register my account, I ended up needing to make a new password on the Internet in the myporsche.com app. The tech at the Porsche dealership then reset the PCM and then I was able to register in the car.

Why you have been stuck in guest mode since last November (I assume you made a typo when you said ' I got my car on 11/25/22 ') makes no sense unless there really is a bad part which needs to be replaced.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Send this to your service advisor, cc in the manager and ask them why the car was delivered to you when there is a bulletin from Porsche stating not to. Ask them if they followed this bulletin. I had the same issue but my dealer was able to fix it within a day.

You should have gotten a customer survey from porsche after you picked up the car -find it and give them a zero. Email Porsche NA headquarter too. You certainly deserve some compensation.

Porsche Taycan Time for Lemon Law? What do you think? Porsch
Sponsored