Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
This was a difficult decision to come to, but I guess it needs to be made. I’ve decided to sell my Taycan.

It has been a wonderful experience, a fantastic ride, and through this community I’ve met many great and generous people, both virtually and in person.

I’ll wander back through occasionally, to see how everyone is doing.

Have fun, drive fast, take risks. Or be safe. You do you.
-Don

P.S. I miss my car already, and I haven’t even sold it yet. Dammit.
We will miss you and your invaluable help to all of us. You have been a pioneer in long-distance travel with the Taycan and have provided entertainment, insight and lust for most of us while we were waiting for delivery of ours. I wish you the best. Keep in touch.
Sponsored

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Thanks for all your contributions to the forum over the past year @louv Your continental journey and other sagas kept me sane and helped pass the time while I waited for my car. I wish you luck on whatever your next adventure might be!

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dear Don

A wholehearted and big thank you for all of your contrbution to the community here. I wish you all the best.

Stay safe
Jacob

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Even if I don’t know you in person, it was with a heavy heart I read your post. Thank you for all great input an spirit.

I really do hope you find your path with in joy and good health. Even if you leave your Taycan, the love for Porsche is most likely present.

Good luck on your journey, and drive safely. Please drop us a line or two, whenever you feel like it. We’re here.

All the best!

Arno

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
this is a total bad a$$ change of pace - thank you for all of your amazing insight. I will miss your help as I post crazy questions this weekend after I pick up my Taycan. Best of luck on your next journey - you are an awesome person!

B57C4E6C-C341-4962-A70A-525FD21EE6BA.jpeg
76FF737B-3F6B-49A7-A67F-E554321899F9.jpeg
5BAC2821-5650-4CAE-8A83-875F9FF28167.jpeg
2D6D1BEB-AE72-484C-9BDC-6DE3EF691953.jpeg

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I want to thank you for your contributions to the forum. I’ve enjoyed your posts and photos. I hope that your new adventures bring you happiness.
@louv I wish you and your cat safe & healthy travels!

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
this is a total bad a$$ change of pace - thank you for all of your amazing insight. I will miss your help as I post crazy questions this weekend after I pick up my Taycan. Best of luck on your next journey - you are an awesome person!

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
Why Go?
Six years ago, my life changed radically. Unplanned retirement, divorce, etc.
I decided on a path: I’d live my life as I wanted, making my own self happy, not stressing over money, answering to no one (except my cat), giving back to community and the world, spending or giving money at whatever rate kept me happy (read: as if I still has a six-figure job), and when the money ran out, I’d be Done.

Most people go the other way; they try to make their money stretch thin until... when? 80? 90? We don’t really know; it could be tomorrow or 40 years from tomorrow. Living frugally, but without joy. Worrying if there would be enough. Get sick. Getting old. Being sedentary and stationary. That is not the path that I choose.

I have no children. So I have no one relying on me. No one waiting for inheritance. Whatever is leftover will go to charities.

This is not the path most people choose. Our society frowns upon it. It is even illegal. My friends will not like my departure. But, my true friends will understand this is who I am, and I’ve never really done what was expected.

I have lived an amazing, fulfilling, fortunate life. I have known and loved incredible people. I have traveled more than most have a chance to. I have no regrets. Well, maybe a few.

There’s no imminent departure planned. Selling this car gives me another year or two, depending how I choose to experience it.

Live your life courageously. Give back to the universe and your neighbors. Be generous with your time, your strength, and your wealth.
Don thank you so very much for all that you have given this forum and all of us. I too have deeply enjoyed your spirit of adventure, your sense of humor and your humanity. You have made this slice of life here fun and vastly entertaining.
I sense much in your parting words and honor your decision to "move on".

I live my life in much the same way, ever seeking new ways to be helpful to the world around me. Fortunately it looks like I'll be able to keep it up for a good while to come.

So I'll just say fare thee well my friend.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don -

It goes without saying that I really enjoyed your posts, especially the way you approached debugging the Taycan battery problem. I love the scientific and dispassionate way you approached that problem, and feel that I directly benefited from your engineering expertise.

I'm not sure of all the factors behind your message above, but absent a terminal illness I'd like to ask that you think twice about being "Done" when the money runs out. We need caring, helpful people in our world more than ever, and over time I've learned that it isn't just your own pursuit of happiness that matters, it is the difference you make in the lives of others.

While exchanging posts about an expensive car doesn't move the needle a whole lot in terms of social good, I'm sure it is emblematic of your ability to selflessly help others and make a difference. You are the sort of person I'd like as a neighbor, and as a friend.

From the bottom of my heart let me wish you good health and happiness no matter where your adventure takes you.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Safe journey wherever your karma takes you

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A great forum posting. Humbling. And one very cool cat!!!

Life is not about the material things we lose or gain, but the memories we create along the way.

If there's an instagram to follow to witness yours and your cat's next journey, please share it. I'm sure I speak for many in saying it would be of huge interest.
Sponsored