Timers off by 1 hour since Daylight Saving Time shift.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I couldn’t find any other references to this. My car has the uPdate and I’ve noticed that since the DST shift my timers are finishing 1 hour early. The car is showing the correct time but I had a timer set to complete at 7AM today and when I checked the MyPorsche app at 6:30 AM it showed “charging complete at 7:00 AM”. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m just glad it’s completing early instead of late.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I couldn’t find any other references to this. My car has the uPdate and I’ve noticed that since the DST shift my timers are finishing 1 hour early. The car is showing the correct time but I had a timer set to complete at 7AM today and when I checked the MyPorsche app at 6:30 AM it showed “charging complete at 7:00 AM”. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m just glad it’s completing early instead of late.
Are you using a Porsche Charger or something else?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Are you using a Porsche Charger or something else?
Perhaps but timing is controlled via the PCM and not the EVSE.

Might be worth checking what time the EVSE is set to. If it is the PMCC (for example) and it has bee connected to your network then it should auto adjust:

Porsche Taycan Timers off by 1 hour since Daylight Saving Time shift. 1668526308396

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m using a Lectron EVSE that has no idea what time it is. This is being controlled completely by the car.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Perhaps my misunderstanding. I thought that some EVSEs had internal clocks/scheduling which could impact the vehicle’s ability to access power.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps my misunderstanding. I thought that some EVSEs had internal clocks/scheduling which could impact the vehicle’s ability to access power.
Some do, this one does not. It’s a dumb EVSE which is exactly the way I prefer it. There’s nothing for me to troubleshoot on the EVSE side for this type of problem.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s a screenshot showing the timer issue…

Porsche Taycan Timers off by 1 hour since Daylight Saving Time shift. D717BD33-314B-4296-B934-673F53F88A03

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
They do but ideally you want to bypass and rely on the car to control all charging parameters.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Here’s a screenshot showing the timer issue…
It's clearly a bug but I can't quite figure out what/where it could be (and yes, I've been thinking about this). Since the same screen shows the system (car) clock, the timer is clearly not reading the system time. It's probably in a loop of <sleep for x; wake and charge for y;..>. If it also starts charging early, that would explain the (rather embarrassing) bug.

As for how to fix it - just spitballing: reboot the car, interrupt charging while on the timer (stop/resume or just unplug). It's safe to assume that deleting and recreating the timers will cure it, but that's a terrible fix.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks like I have the same timer issue. Has anyone figured it out?
Not an issue in Europe I think and definitely not in UK.

There isn't a separate time offset for the app and should therefore pick up the one used by your device.

Workaround would be to alter your timers by 1 HR.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since I originally posted about this issue I have sold that car and got a new one (another CT4 that I had custom ordered). The new one has the same exact issue. Not a big deal but just another software bug…

Porsche Taycan Timers off by 1 hour since Daylight Saving Time shift. 8F2E84F4-7698-47D2-946D-4EBC646C61C0

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: I turned off the “Air Conditioning” setting in my timer and this morning I watched the car finish charging at exactly the right time.

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
Update: I turned off the “Air Conditioning” setting in my timer and this morning I watched the car finish charging at exactly the right time.
Could you make any correlation to shutting off the A/C and this correcting the charge completion time? I can't figure out the connection as the timer should adjust to any conditions added to the charging load (i.e., A/C, heating, etc)

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could you make any correlation to shutting off the A/C and this correcting the charge completion time? I can't figure out the connection as the timer should adjust to any conditions added to the charging load (i.e., A/C, heating, etc)
I’m assuming it’s just a software bug when A/C is enabled in the timer.
Sponsored