Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Noticed, that during ACC car has auto hold when it comes to stop. Apparently you can engage it also during normal driving, when coming at full stop by making another strong push on brake pedal. Well hidden feature.

Porsche Taycan Tip: Engaging auto-hold when not in ACC mode 62AFF951-67F6-412E-8D81-BAD28F6EC6C4
Sponsored

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Noticed, that during ACC car has auto hold when it comes to stop. Apparently you can engage it also during normal driving, when coming at full stop by making another strong push on brake pedal. Well hidden feature.

62AFF951-67F6-412E-8D81-BAD28F6EC6C4.jpeg

It is in the owner's manual, too. Lots of little system details to study in there. I've re-read the entire manual four times, plus looked up a few things I wasn't sure about. I guess I will need to read it again before I take delivery of mine in April.

A few other details in the HOLD function section: 1) If you activate HOLD with the quick pedal-flooring, changing the drive lever position will not deactivate it. That could be helpful if you want to see surround view before driving off or reversing. 2) If you stop on a gradient of 8 degrees or greater, HOLD activates. 3) If the car stops automatically HOLD activates.

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

62AFF951-67F6-412E-8D81-BAD28F6EC6C4.jpeg
My car doesn’t have ACC but has the same auto hold feature. I only discovered it at random a couple of weeks ago.