Tire and Wheel protection from Porsche?

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
What's the general consensus on Tire and Wheel protection warranty from Porsche? I usually avoid any additional add ons but curious if it makes sense to get it for Taycan.

Thanks!
Sponsored

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I got it - and already used it twice in the first 6 months. One was a flat tire (where they replaced the tire and paid for the tow)
& second was wheel fix (because of curb hits).
I’d say, definitely get it if you are going with the Mission E’s or if you live in a city full of pot holes :)

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Anyone in the UK purchased this - what are the restrictions and how much does it cost?

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
Bought mine here. No affiliation, but have bought numerous extended warranties and protection plans from them. Backed by fidelity and easily half the cost from your porsche dealer.

I actually used my wheel tire protection within 1500 miles of purchase and they paid out fast with no questions asked.

https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/

OP
OP

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
I got it - and already used it twice in the first 6 months. One was a flat tire (where they replaced the tire and paid for the tow)
& second was wheel fix (because of curb hits).
I’d say, definitely get it if you are going with the Mission E’s or if you live in a city full of pot holes :)
I am getting 21" wheels but do wonder if we would break even on the costs. For the wheel fix, was the fix was it cosmetic or there was other damage? Isnt towing already covered in the 24 hour roadside assistance program through porsche or auto insurance?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I am getting 21" wheels but do wonder if we would break even on the costs. For the wheel fix, was the fix was it cosmetic or there was other damage? Isnt towing already covered in the 24 hour roadside assistance program through porsche or auto insurance?
Yes, towing was part of the roadside assistance.
Mine was cosmetic damage (dents). Manhattan Motorcars / Porsche dealer sold me Sensio Tire&Wheel insurance. Sensio fix cosmetic damage without any deductible and unlimited. I think Porsche has a $50 deductible and it’s 8 times max.

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
Bought mine here. No affiliation, but have bought numerous extended warranties and protection plans from them. Backed by fidelity and easily half the cost from your porsche dealer.

I actually used my wheel tire protection within 1500 miles of purchase and they paid out fast with no questions asked.

https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/
I’m interested in this but can’t get the link to work..I’ve searched the Darwin website but can’t find a way to buy direct - can you help??

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
I’m interested in this but can’t get the link to work..I’ve searched the Darwin website but can’t find a way to buy direct - can you help??
Weird, link works for me. It's sold through steingold volvo (Rhode island). If you can't get the link to work, try giving them a call? Maybe they'll give another option.

Fyi, I paid 2150 for 7yr gold, 250 ded warranty. And 1650 5 yr premium, 0 ded prem wheel protection. Both about 1/3 of porsche dealer prices.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I bought it and have already used it to replace a front tire ruined by a stealthy pothole. With Mission E wheels going for $2000+ apiece it seemed like a smart investment. Like many dealer add-ons done at the time of sale the price can be negotiated; I was able to get over $600 off Porsche's MSRP for the coverage.

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
Weird, link works for me. It's sold through steingold volvo (Rhode island). If you can't get the link to work, try giving them a call? Maybe they'll give another option.

Fyi, I paid 2150 for 7yr gold, 250 ded warranty. And 1650 5 yr premium, 0 ded prem wheel protection. Both about 1/3 of porsche dealer prices.
Thanks!

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Tesla Model Y LR, Mercedes GLS580
Country flag
I bought it and have already used it to replace a front tire ruined by a stealthy pothole. With Mission E wheels going for $2000+ apiece it seemed like a smart investment. Like many dealer add-ons done at the time of sale the price can be negotiated; I was able to get over $600 off Porsche's MSRP for the coverage.
Mike, do you mind letting us know what you paid or what you were quoted and what coverage it was for? I am headed to pick up my GTS with 21" RS Spyder wheels on Tuesday and am wanting all the info I can get to be prepared.

Thx
X

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got the Porsche Platinum Protection Package for $3700 for 6 years. Tire & Wheel, Dent Protection, Windshield Protection, and Key Protection. Probably could have bargained it down a bit, but they sold me the car for MSRP so I was amenable to the insurance cost. They initially had it through a different insurer but after researching it I wanted to stay away from third-party insurance and adjusters and insisted on the Porsche insurance.

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Tesla Model Y LR, Mercedes GLS580
Country flag
I got the Porsche Platinum Protection Package for $3700 for 6 years. Tire & Wheel, Dent Protection, Windshield Protection, and Key Protection. Probably could have bargained it down a bit, but they sold me the car for MSRP so I was amenable to the insurance cost. They initially had it through a different insurer but after researching it I wanted to stay away from third-party insurance and adjusters and insisted on the Porsche insurance.
What happens if you sell the car or trade it in before your 6 years is up? What if you don’t have any claims? Is it prorated?
Sponsored