Tire Pressure for RWD Taycan on 20" Turbo Wheels?

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I need to check something with you as I'm super confused.

My RWD Taycan has 20" Turbo Wheels and arrived from the factory with 38psi pumped to all 4 tires. Last week I took my car to the dealership for a routine check and they deflated the tires to 32-30 psi during the check. When I drove the car I immediately felt the difference, the steering was heavy, and the tires looked like they were kind of flat. I called the dealership about this and they said that they've corrected the pressure according to the standards. I checked the tire pressure sticker under the driver's door and Porsche really recommends 32-30 psi:

Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure for RWD Taycan on 20" Turbo Wheels? Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 17.41.55

Is this really normal? 32-30 PSI for such a heavy performance car both sounds and feels wrong. What pressure you guys are keeping your Taycans at?

Let me know!
Sponsored

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I always run my tires at full load pressure, on the Taycan 20" it is 33PSI front and 38PSI rear. (These pressures apply to cold values).

If setting when hot, add 3-4 degrees to the temp. (36-37 front and 39-40 rear)

For example on my 992 Carrera the OEM pressures for the 20" front is 35PSI and the 21" rear is 45PSI.

I sent them at 38PSI hot in front and 48PSI hot in rear.

Cold for me might be a little different for someone else than me since I live in HI and it rarely gets below 70*

The Porsche "Good to Know" app (online manual) has all of the details on how to set the air pressure correctly.

OP
OP
Mazithra

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I always run my tires at full load pressure, on the Taycan 20" it is 33PSI front and 38PSI rear. (These pressures apply to cold values).

If setting when hot, add 3-4 degrees to the temp. (36-37 front and 39-40 rear)

For example on my 992 Carrera the OEM pressures for the 20" front is 35PSI and the 21" rear is 45PSI.

I sent them at 38PSI hot in front and 48PSI hot in rear.

Cold for me might be a little different for someone else than me since I live in HI and it rarely gets below 70*

The Porsche "Good to Know" app (online manual) has all of the details on how to set the air pressure correctly.
Thank you! This was pretty useful
Sponsored