Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
I changed the original 19 inch wheels and tires on my 21 Taycan 4S with 20 inch Porsche wheels and put Pirelli Pzero tires on them.Seize front 245.45 zr20 on the front and 285.40 r20 on the rear.The tire shop installed original Porsche tyre pressure sensors on all four tires at a cost of 622 dollars.The car really moves much better on those tires and wheels but originally the sensors were working but when I changed in the PCM from 19 inch summer tires to 20 inch summer tires the sensors do not work anymore.THe PCM says the the sensors are resetting when driving but even after driving for ten miles they still do not work.Anybody else with this experience and what can be done?
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
It sometimes takes more than 10 miles.

OP
OP

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
It sometimes takes more than 10 miles.
Did that and on the pcm after a while came the message check service.Even going back to the original 19 inch setting the sensors did no turn

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
After changing a set of 19-inch tires for a different set of 19-inch tires I tried the "drive 15 minutes or 15 miles" routine to reset the tire pressure sensors. Didn't work for me ('21 base model). Instead, as other threads mention, simply change in Settings > Vehicle > Tire Pressure Settings the specified wheel size to a different size. If you're not actually changing wheel sizes, simply change back to your size wheels. A message comes up indicating that tire sensing will begin about 15 mph. In my case I only had to drive a few blocks for the measurements to accurately begin.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
I changed the original 19 inch wheels and tires on my 21 Taycan 4S with 20 inch Porsche wheels and put Pirelli Pzero tires on them.Seize front 245.45 zr20 on the front and 285.40 r20 on the rear.The tire shop installed original Porsche tyre pressure sensors on all four tires at a cost of 622 dollars.The car really moves much better on those tires and wheels but originally the sensors were working but when I changed in the PCM from 19 inch summer tires to 20 inch summer tires the sensors do not work anymore.THe PCM says the the sensors are resetting when driving but even after driving for ten miles they still do not work.Anybody else with this experience and what can be done?
i did exactly the same thing.i used 20 inch Panamera wheels and pzeros.the sensors did not work anymore and had to take the car to the Porsche dealer to get it fixed.they have special software to make the adjustments.Trying to have the tire shop to do is futile

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
i did exactly the same thing.i used 20 inch Panamera wheels and pzeros.the sensors did not work anymore and had to take the car to the Porsche dealer to get it fixed.they have special software to make the adjustments.Trying to have the tire shop to do is futile
Afaik, sensors needs to be activated & linked to the car by Porsche and tires shops do not have access to Porsche's servers...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Afaik, sensors needs to be activated & linked to the car by Porsche and tires shops do not have access to Porsche's servers...
It is quite common nowadays to just clone the existing sensors and then install them in the same position on the car.

Even the sensors that Porsche install Huf/Beru have programmable sensors, so it is a five minute job. Porsche make a fortune from trying to complicate that process and often want to sell new very expensive sensors. 😂😂
Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It is quite common nowadays to just vlone the existing sensors and then install them in the same position on the car.

Even the sensors that Porsche install Huf/Beru have programmable sensors, so it is a five minute job. Porsche make a fortune from trying to complicate that process and often want to sell new very expensive sensors. 😂😂
Ask me how I know.
Vlone the existing...?
What's vlone stands for?

Otherwise, I do agree with you, that such replacement should be five minute job.
I just wrote, what I've been told: sensors needs to be linked to the vehicle.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Vlone the existing...?
What's vlone stands for?

Otherwise, I do agree with you, that such replacement should be five minute job.
I just wrote, what I've been told: sensors needs to be linked to the vehicle.
Sorry, spelling mistake. It should be clone! In other words you copy the address and all from your existing sensors and program some new ones. There are several brands of sensors that many tyre shops use, like Huf, Autel etc.

So you are correct the sensors need to be programmed so the Taycan will recognise them. But it is a 5 minute job.

I reprogrammed my winterwheels myself, while Porsche wanted 1250 Euros to put in new ones (Porsche ) and reprogram the car?

• Wow
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I reprogrammed my winterwheels myself, while Porsche wanted 1250 Euros to put in new ones (Porsche ) and reprogram the car?
Good to know.... but I haven't paid anything for winter tires replacement... probably because tires and wheels are priced as made of gold? :rolleyes:
Sponsored