Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving.

Dufferman12

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2018 9114S Targa, 1911 Model T Torpedo
Country flag
I have the tire inflation warning light on my Taycan. So, I inflated the tires to 39lbs front and back and drove the car for twenty minutes. The indicator on the dash showed 39 lbs front and back, but the warning remains and will not reset. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. You may have a malfunction in the TPMS.

Before going further, try going into the menu Settings; Vehicle; Tire pressure monitor and reset the values for tire type, etc. in the central display, just as if you had installed a new set of tires. (see page 256 of the manual) Maybe that will "reboot" and clear the system.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Change twice the size or type of tire in the settings and drive a bit. It should reset correctly.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've had this happen multiple times, and will be taking this into the dealer. I've switched from 21" summer to 20" summer tires and the TPMS resets for a few days and then it comes back to the warning shown below. I switch it back to 21" and it is ok for a day or two, then gives me the same message every time - low pressure on the lf tire.

I checked the recommended tire pressures in the manual and they are 39/38 so I don't quite understand why my 37's all around are showing 5 psi too low in the front and 4 psi low in the rear.

Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving. IMG_1590
Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving. IMG_1588
Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving. IMG_1589

Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving. IMG_1588

Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving. IMG_1591

Porsche Taycan Tire Pressure will not reset after inflation and driving. IMG_1592

Last edited:

evporsche89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had this happen multiple times, and will be taking this into the dealer. I've switched from 21" summer to 20" summer tires and the TPMS resets for a few days and then it comes back to the warning shown below. I switch it back to 21" and it is ok for a day or two, then gives me the same message every time - low pressure on the lf tire.

I checked the recommended tire pressures in the manual and they are 39/38 so I don't quite understand why my 37's all around are showing 5 psi too low in the front and 4 psi low in the rear.

IMG_1590.jpeg
IMG_1588.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg
Did you ever find a fix for this? Every day right when I pull into the parking lot at work, my front right tire warning lights up saying it is flat at -5 (it never is). I reset it by switching to a different tire and back, and usually randomly one time on the way back home, at least 1 and usually more than 1 tire will once again light up as flat (between -4 and -6). Have confirm multiple times the tires are fully inflated while cool and warm. Frustrating to constantly have this warning on, and potentially miss a real flat tire.