EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Curious if I should raise concern about tire flat spotting with my car sitting at port for over a month now. Sat for a month on a boat, drove off the boat, and now sitting for over a month at port. Seems with the weight of the vehicle just sitting for over a month that risks might be starting to set in. Tire flat spots, rust on brakes, battery issues?
The port delays are frustrating because not having any info as to why it’s being held. Seems like if we’re paying over 100k, Porsche should have more respect for their customers and tell us why there is a delay.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Not an issue. Tires are pumped up with at least 10lbs over the door jam pressures when car is shipped.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Have your salesman look at their internal computer system for the open campaigns. Will tell exactly what the "stop sale" item is on your car.

OP
OP
EvFamily

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Have your salesman look at their internal computer system for the open campaigns. Will tell exactly what the "stop sale" item is on your car.
He told me there are no recalls or open campaigns on my vin. He said he is completely unsure why it’s being held.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
He told me there are no recalls or open campaigns on my vin. He said he is completely unsure why it’s being held.
Wow, that is strange. Why would they not want to get the car delivered and get paid. Do not quote me on this, but I thought the dealership took ownership once the car was at the port, Porsche owns it until it gets to the port. If that is true, they are paying floor plan interest on the car.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Porsche owns the car until it's shipped from the port (PDI) to the dealer. Part of the processing in shipping to the dealer is the invoicing.
Sponsored