PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I took my car in to get a replacement tire (screw in the driver rear) under my warranty. They replaced it, but advised the passenger wear was 2.5 (did not give me the paperwork so going from memory) and said that it was fine for now, but would need replacement in the near future.

I have 5,700 miles on the car. Bought it a year ago Sept 27. I do not drift, track, burn out etc. I do drive with a heavy foot, but no extreme braking or anything that would wear the tire faster. I know I have read about guys going through a set of tires in about 10-12k miles and that is probably normal for a heavy sports car with high performance tires.

Think there is any claim to be made? If not, I hope to get a nail in that tire :)

Goodyear Eagle F-1 305/30ZR21
Sponsored

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can't specifically comment on your issue, but are these the Asymmetric 3s? I just had the Asymmetric 5s installed on mine this week and one of my concerns was premature wear.

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can't specifically comment on your issue, but are these the Asymmetric 3s? I just had the Asymmetric 5s installed on mine this week and one of my concerns was premature wear.
Asymmetric 3s

How many miles did you get on the previous ones? I feel 5700 miles is a very short wear time. And I do monitor my pressures.

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I previously had the Continental All-Seasons. They were getting close to needing replacement from wear, but then two of them got nails in them. So they were replaced prior to actually needing it from wear. They had about ~9k miles on them.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Asymmetric 3s

How many miles did you get on the previous ones? I feel 5700 miles is a very short wear time. And I do monitor my pressures.
I have about 17 k miles on my 21 “ F1’s. And they still have a lot of life in them, probably 5 -7 k miles. I drive fast on German autobahns and speed limit in France is 80 mph plus vat!

Maybe hotter and humid climates with rough road surface wear them down much more??

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Have summer pirellis and at 4k miles down to 5mm on all tires.

terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
I took my car in to get a replacement tire (screw in the driver rear) under my warranty. They replaced it, but advised the passenger wear was 2.5 (did not give me the paperwork so going from memory) and said that it was fine for now, but would need replacement in the near future.

I have 5,700 miles on the car. Bought it a year ago Sept 27. I do not drift, track, burn out etc. I do drive with a heavy foot, but no extreme braking or anything that would wear the tire faster. I know I have read about guys going through a set of tires in about 10-12k miles and that is probably normal for a heavy sports car with high performance tires.

Think there is any claim to be made? If not, I hope to get a nail in that tire :)

Goodyear Eagle F-1 305/30ZR21
Just replaced my original Continental tires ...had over 20,000 miles on them...FWIW

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have about 17 k miles on my 21 “ F1’s. And they still have a lot of life in them, probably 5 -7 k miles. I drive fast on German autobahns and speed limit in France is 80 mph plus vat!

Maybe hotter and humid climates with rough road surface wear them down much more??
Our driving habits are similar. I am going to investigate a bit more. I bought the Wheel and Tire warranty (which covered the nail on the other rear tire), but doubt it would cover early wear. Maybe an email to Goodyear :)

Last edited: