PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi Folks, anybody got such weird issues. Message like this started popping out on the tube. I was able to identify that it is rear driver side door, but the only issue I see with it, that it requires to pull handle a bit stronger/further then other doors. Tried slamming few times, left car for some time, but it still persists. Dealer visit?

Porsche Taycan To open, let go of the door handle IMG_4514D
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Folks, anybody got such weird issues. Message like this started popping out on the tube. I was able to identify that it is rear driver side door, but the only issue I see with it, that it requires to pull handle a bit stronger/further then other doors. Tried slamming few times, left car for some time, but it still persists. Dealer visit?

IMG_4514D.jpeg
So this happens when you pull on the interior door release incompletely and it doesn't open you then get this message. The message may lag from the failed door open attempt.

OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So this happens when you pull on the interior door release incompletely and it doesn't open you then get this message. The message may lag from the failed door open attempt.
It is possible that son was not fully pulling interior handle, but not sure how to get rid of this. Only dealer visit? It is not only annoying message each time I get in car, but also worried not to damage handle because of increased force needed to open now.

Rab88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag

IMG_4514D.jpeg
Is your door opening electronically from the inside or are you having to use the manual override? I had this message... The rear left door wouldn't open unless I used the manual override and the locking mechanism had to be changed by the dealer.

OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is your door opening electronically from the inside or are you having to use the manual override? I had this message... The rear left door wouldn't open unless I used the manual override and the locking mechanism had to be changed by the dealer.
Thanks for advice. I probably didn't fully realize how it worked. Now I checked and indeed other 3 doors opens easily both from inside and outside, so that's where electronic asset works, on this door both inside/outside it seems mechanical part only works. May I ask you how long it took them to replace it? I'm asking because there is great difference in service appointment availability if I select to come and wait there or get loaner.

Rab88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for advice. I probably didn't fully realize how it worked. Now I checked and indeed other 3 doors opens easily both from inside and outside, so that's where electronic asset works, on this door both inside/outside it seems mechanical part only works. May I ask you how long it took them to replace it? I'm asking because there is great difference in service appointment availability if I select to come and wait there or get loaner.
Mine was in for a half day for diagnosis and another half day for replacing the faulty part.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I was getting that issue after I had to use the manual key. Since the car is dead at the dealer, no way to know yet if it was related to my using the manual key or not.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
I don’t have a warning like this but in order to open my front passenger side door from the outside I have to pull the handle hard as well compared to other doors.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I think this is unrelated to the above issue so sorry to thread-jack, but maybe helpful for others. When child window lock is engaged by the driver next to the window switches it also engages the automatic child door locks and the rear doors can only be opened from the outside. I thought my rear doors were broken until I figured this out. I didn’t even know I had the window lock engaged.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don’t have a warning like this but in order to open my front passenger side door from the outside I have to pull the handle hard as well compared to other doors.
Should be effortless. Pull lightly once then once again.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think this is unrelated to the above issue so sorry to thread-jack, but maybe helpful for others. When child window lock is engaged by the driver next to the window switches it also engages the automatic child door locks and the rear doors can only be opened from the outside. I thought my rear doors were broken until I figured this out. I didn’t even know I had the window lock engaged.
Thankyou.
This has happened to me recently and I didn't know the cause.
I was cleaning the car in the back and couldn't get out 🤣

I didn't even realise there was a switch for child locks on the drivers door.
🙏🏼

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thankyou.
This has happened to me recently and I didn't know the cause.
I was cleaning the car in the back and couldn't get out 🤣

I didn't even realise there was a switch for child locks on the drivers door.
🙏🏼
It's all part of the rear electric window isolation (to stop kids playing) and so combines with an electric child lock.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Should be effortless. Pull lightly once then once again.
Exactly. But for it to open I need to pull the handle all the way up until it stops. I hope this is covered under warranty and I won’t get the “it still opens” response