To Taycan, or not Taycan? That is the question.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Please post pics...
I took just one snapshoot, it's still wraped in protective foil (inside as well), also not lots of spaces around.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Not good! Since the Taycan is a range optimized EV, it is NOT a midlife crisis car! All you need is a Green party membership! ;)
Look at it... I can guarantee that I will get asked that question and I suspect that anyone else over the age of about 40 will as well!

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
If 40-50 is mid life (aspect to be 80-100) I think it is a beautiful age to start driving Porsche ?

And if the crisis is going to end with buying/driving a Porsche, its anyway fine ?

Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
I would be extremely happy were it suggested that I was having a mid-life crisis! Don't think that will happen, though.
Was considering a 911 at one point, though, if I'd wanted a constant howling in my ear I would have stayed married to my first wife.

4SCT on the way with lots of options but no sunroof. I tested a CT on super hot day in Marbella and nearly singed my hand on the roof glass and I don't want sun fading my Olea either. Who cares about passengers anyway!

Any Taycan will blow your mind when first driving it - it's the future...get with it!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Every man wants to drive one from an early age, it’s only when we get a bit older that most of us can afford one.

This is correct. I bought my first Porsche at 32 (Boxster S) after having obsessed over them from a very young age. 3 years later I bought a Taycan 4S to combine my love of Porsche, and the EV practicality I was given with my Tesla S. I regret nothing. This is a brand that attracts a loyalty and following Iike nothing I've ever seen, and for good reason. It's hard to imagine driving anything else once you've driven a Porsche.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I bought myself a 911S Cabriolet for my 50th bday. I am buying the Taycan for my 60th, 2 years late, but it wasn't available when I turned 60. I am expecting to have no regrets based on having consumed every possible article I could find on it.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you get asked if you are having a mid life crisis (you WILL get asked this when you buy a Porsche at that age) just point out that this is a much better way to be having your crisis than running off with another woman or disappearing to somewhere else in the world. Worked for me with the Macan… I will keep to the same answer with the Taycan. My wife even agrees ?
this sounds like a familiar conversation..

”so I‘m tempted by a new car toy …”
”No”
”or maybe a trip to Vegas …”
”fucking hell. buy the supercar”

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
Asking this group to talk you out of a Taycan is like asking Charlie Sheen to help you with your substance abuse issues.

I'm of a similar age and life stage and enjoy a comfy cruiser too. That is one of the things that "got me" about the Taycan--it's ability to be both slightly mad when you are and be able to waft along like an S-Class when you are feeling mellow.

If "sensible you" gets in the way, hit him over the head with a heavy object and buy the Taycan!

OP
OP

wordsman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
Asking this group to talk you out of a Taycan is like asking Charlie Sheen to help you with your substance abuse issues.

I'm of a similar age and life stage and enjoy a comfy cruiser too. That is one of the things that "got me" about the Taycan--it's ability to be both slightly mad when you are and be able to waft along like an S-Class when you are feeling mellow.

If "sensible you" gets in the way, hit him over the head with a heavy object and buy the Taycan!
Nicely put! The quiet and composure on the motorway is uncanny, though it’s a little noiser than my current BMW 530e. That’s comparing back-to-back, mind. In day-to-day use, I’m sure it’s sublime.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I debated long and hard before putting in my order. It’s an expensive vehicle, while green it’s not practical. It’s gorgeous. It’s fun to drive. It’s terribly amazing. I’ve had mine for a year, I find reasons to drive it every day.
Sponsored