Today’s discovery. Innodrive speed adjustment

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think that is for warning purposes only and does not apply to Innodrive speed adjustment.
I'll have to double check, but I believe those are 2 different settings, and both exist.
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I'll have to double check, but I believe those are 2 different settings, and both exist.
just checked, only settings are maximum speed and regard detected speed limits (on/off).

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
It does, pretty well. Like the Tesla, however, it needs to pick up both sides of the road, or it doesn't work.
I have a Model S. It can keep in the lane with single lane marker initially, it didn’t, but one of the OTA updates improved it

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep, it works great, it’s actually pretty good as long as the road Markings are good. It nags if you take your hand off the wheel though( after 5 seconds or some) it’s a very relaxing drive if all the automatics are engaged.
I don't have the same experience. Car needs to drift to side lane markings before car will move back to center - it doesn't actively keep car centered in lane in my experience so far. I had Mercedes AMG and that car stayed in the center of the lane always - that was a much better implementation of lane keeping.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I don't have the same experience. Car needs to drift to side lane markings before car will move back to center - it doesn't actively keep car centered in lane in my experience so far. I had Mercedes AMG and that car stayed in the center of the lane always - that was a much better implementation of lane keeping.
You must switch on Active Lane Keeping. Not Lane Assist.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You must switch on Active Lane Keeping. Not Lane Assist.
Thanks Gordon. I do have it on Active Lane Keeping and that's the experience I have - doesn't keep car centered. Maybe I'll try to switch it off and back on - maybe it will reset sensors.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Thanks Gordon. I do have it on Active Lane Keeping and that's the experience I have - doesn't keep car centered. Maybe I'll try to switch it off and back on - maybe it will reset sensors.
Sounds like a reset or something. I'll get my car next week and plan to do some videos of all the tech once I get used to the functioning of the car etc. Let us know how you get on. You should be able to also set an offset, for instance on the highway in the US you might want to be off centre of the lane to safely overtake trucks etc.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think lane keep assist is different to active lane keeping. With active lane keeping to can set an offset from centre of the road & it will keep the car in that offset.
I think so too. I only have LKA standard, but there was no option for me to pick ALK nor was there InnoDrive. All I got is LKA, Park Assist and ACC. I already know, that I will be disappointed on that side of things.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
just checked, only settings are maximum speed and regard detected speed limits (on/off).
I still haven't figured out what I did, but I set it at 19 past the speed limit yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's a setting you can change.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I still haven't figured out what I did, but I set it at 19 past the speed limit yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's a setting you can change.
You set a cruse control at speed limit +19, or you changed the Innodrive options so it automatically adjusts your speed to speed limit +19?

If it’s the latter, please explain how to do this.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
You set a cruse control at speed limit +19, or you changed the Innodrive options so it automatically adjusts your speed to speed limit +19?

If it’s the latter, please explain how to do this.
The former. I don't think any car will let you automatically override the speed by "x" mph simply by engaging for safety reasons. Going 20 mph over on a highway is a lot different than going 20 mph in a school zone, for example.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The former. I don't think any car will let you automatically override the speed by "x" mph simply by engaging for safety reasons. Going 20 mph over on a highway is a lot different than going 20 mph in a school zone, for example.
Got it. I think what everyone wants is a feature where you can let Innodrive adjust your speed, but, when automatically adjusting, change to something greater than the speed limit.

And you found a new feature suggestion - let it treat school zones different from the highway.

When you turn off the option that adjusts to the current speed limit, I find Innodrive much more useful. And you do still have the option to "confirm" a newly detected speed limit by pushing up on the cruise lever

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love the idea of a more automated driving mode, especially for safety. I find the current version of Innodrive DANGEROUS at best. It only adjusts maybe 1" from newly painted lane markers, it definitely doesn't keep you in the center of the lane. I have had it slow very hard on the freeway when it thought it was in a school zone! It also ALWAYS slows for school zone. Here in CA you only need to do that when "Children are present". Innodrive does it 24/7. I drive past a school in my neighborhood, drivers are not accustomed to driving 25 past the school at night and on weekends, so they might be very surprised when my car quickly slows to 25.

After my car was updated to WMA5, I noticed it also changed the icon and lost the "Steering wheel" for lane keeping. Has anyone else noticed that? See the manual, I no longer see the steering wheel ever, even with the functions engaged. I liked that icon!

Porsche Taycan Today’s discovery. Innodrive speed adjustment 1619019711839

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I love the idea of a more automated driving mode, especially for safety. I find the current version of Innodrive DANGEROUS at best. It only adjusts maybe 1" from newly painted lane markers, it definitely doesn't keep you in the center of the lane. I have had it slow very hard on the freeway when it thought it was in a school zone! It also ALWAYS slows for school zone. Here in CA you only need to do that when "Children are present". Innodrive does it 24/7. I drive past a school in my neighborhood, drivers are not accustomed to driving 25 past the school at night and on weekends, so they might be very surprised when my car quickly slows to 25.

After my car was updated to WMA5, I noticed it also changed the icon and lost the "Steering wheel" for lane keeping. Has anyone else noticed that? See the manual, I no longer see the steering wheel ever, even with the functions engaged. I liked that icon!

1619019711839.png
you need to shut down the speed limits and the inno drive will behave better

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve tried multiple times to use innodrive with Lane keeping etc. My car has the active Lane keeping.
i struggle to work out how to activate the functions. I understand you press the switch on the end of the stem. But after that I end up changing stuff that I didn’t want too. I find it dangerous at best as it’s a distraction.
Maybe just me.
Sponsored