Toll Tag Placement - Thermally Insulated Glass

BoilerG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Under the hood! Smacked it under the hood / over the frunk compartment area. Works great.
With the NTTA Toll Tag? If so what a great hack! I didn’t think it would read through all that metal!
Sponsored

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
With the NTTA Toll Tag? If so what a great hack! I didn’t think it would read through all that metal!
I can confirm that it works for the Norwegian toll tag.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm not sure that would work in Portugal. Our tags (Viaverde) must be placed on top of the windshield and stay there.

I once moved the tag (I had it lower and placed it higher) and by end of month was charged much more. I called the service and first thing they asked was if I had air suspension (this was way before my taycan). I said "no" so next question was "did you move the tag from the original position"... I replied "yeah, so?" well the guy on the phone explained that their readers on the highway would measure the distance from the tags to assess height (here there are different classes of vehicles which varies according to height) so when I moved my tag higher, my car started to be billed as class 2 (jeep/truck) instead of class 1 (sedan).
Apparently, it's not enough to declare your vehicle is x class. The system will cross check height in case you move the tag from a car to a truck for example.

Just sharing useless information. It's 4 am 🤣

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
Ok, folks in California with FasTrak, where do you have yours mounted?

I have mine mounted in the area highlighted in the manual (similar to where others have shown theirs posted here) but its not being read by the toll system on the freeways (101 in nor-cal specifically).

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I mount mine half in the dotted area and half out. with the older I'm using, it was only option placement. Reads mine fine, going through toll plaza and express lanes.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored