Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have suggestions/recommendations on the placement of tolltag a on the front windshield of a Taycan with the factory thermally insulated glass option?
My dealer placed my new tag on the right side of the glass behind the rear view mirror. I’ve been through 8 readers on the toll roads around Dallas and our tag readers at work and it seems that I am not getting any reads at all.
Any working suggestions??
Toby
Sponsored

Hevonen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was really worried about this but it turned out to be a non-issue for me. I have a 2022 4S with thermal/noise glass and an EZ Tag (Houston area) and it works just fine.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Anyone have suggestions/recommendations on the placement of tolltag a on the front windshield of a Taycan with the factory thermally insulated glass option?

Toby
Initially, I experienced a similar issue. With the thermally insulated glass option, attach the toll tag directly on the upper-darkened dotted area, located on either side of the base attachment to the rearview mirror.

Last edited:

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have an ezpass toll reader on my front license plate and works perfectly. Attached with special screws so hard to remove if you don't have right tool . It looks fine, like a black license plate frame.

nicks-taycan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had to move my Colorado toll transponder a couple of times before it worked properly. Very important to place at least part of it in the marked area around the mirror.

Porsche Taycan Toll Tag Placement - Thermally Insulated Glass A93DC7AB-6F32-4FEC-8CE2-E0A96A183194

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Mine works fine using this placement to the right of the mirror.
Porsche Taycan Toll Tag Placement - Thermally Insulated Glass 6C8CA54D-F7FE-4633-ADA2-7D6A0A71A332

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My dealer placed my new tag on the right side of the glass behind the rear view mirror. I’ve been through 8 readers on the toll roads around Dallas and our tag readers at work and it seems that I am not getting any reads at all.
Toby
Hey! I'm in Dallas too (Frisco) and I just didn't install the tag at all. The scanners do a great job just reading your license plate as long as you've configured it on ntta.org.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Mine wouldn’t work, even when placed in the designated areas around the rear view mirror. I ended up having to use a license plate transponder.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
you have the toll device parallel to the ground. You want this flush with the overhead, rear-view console that is attached to the glass. There are two rectangles that allow for non-resistant transmission of signals next to this. Here is a picture to help conceptualize and align the toll device more inline with what is recommended. I have mine mounted like this on the passenger side and I can't even see it and is tucked, flush-out of the way.
Porsche Taycan Toll Tag Placement - Thermally Insulated Glass 1638403928256

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I had to move my Colorado toll transponder a couple of times before it worked properly. Very important to place at least part of it in the marked area around the mirror.

A93DC7AB-6F32-4FEC-8CE2-E0A96A183194.jpeg
Does your tag work well in HOV mode? IIRC, there are 2 RFID's in there, the toll one on the right, HOV on the left, and the slider blocks one of them (do if you slide the yellow plastic to the right, exposing the HOV underneath, the RFID on the left is also exposed while the on the right is blocked).

nicks-taycan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does your tag work well in HOV mode? IIRC, there are 2 RFID's in there, the toll one on the right, HOV on the left, and the slider blocks one of them (do if you slide the yellow plastic to the right, exposing the HOV underneath, the RFID on the left is also exposed while the on the right is blocked).
Yes it still works well for me.

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Toby
Under the hood! Smacked it under the hood / over the frunk compartment area. Works great.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was really worried about this but it turned out to be a non-issue for me. I have a 2022 4S with thermal/noise glass and an EZ Tag (Houston area) and it works just fine.
Brian: where exactly on your windshield do you have your EZ Tag placed? I've just picked up my 2022 GTS (!!!) and am going through the process of replacing windshield tags etc. Thanks ... Zain
Sponsored