maudasilva

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sorry everyone for the long post. I hope it is informative at a minimum.
This a copy of my email to my dealership service department.

Hi Chelsea,
Hi James,
Porsche on copy in this message too. VIN Number WP0AC2Y17MSAXXXXX

I hope all is well.
I wanted to update you and Porsche on the status of the issues (items 1 to 13 below) reported before the last service appointment on July 30th.
Simply put things are getting worse.
Please pay attention to numbers 14, 15, and 16, in red below. These make the car unsafe. I have started seriously considering parking it at Porsche Stevens Creek and getting something else, evidently not another Porsche, but safer automobile.

1 - Recall notice - Motor control error stop vehicle in a safe place I received a notification from Porsche a few days ago.
This was taken care of I believe. I have not experienced the issue.

2 - Charging at Electrify America (EA) - plug and charge no longer works. Please see picture with correspondent EA error message. This started on June 19th.
Partially addressed as the problem happened multiple times after the last in “Service” update. However, EA contacted me the other day and was I able to show them what was going on and they fixed it on their side. Better Customer Service from them than from Porsche, whose agent emailed me three times, stating they were not able to reach you. See attachments.

3 - Slow leak in rear driver side tire - has been there since I got the car. I have to inflate the tire once a month or so. I inspected the tire, but I could not find anything wrong with it. It might be the valve.
This was not solved. I had to add air twice since the last service.

4 - Park assist error - happens quite often.
This persists and it is quite annoying.

5 - All Radio Favorites entires deleted randomly on its own - it is almost not worth it to save the stations because the next time I want to use the list it is no longer there.
This continues to happen.

6 - The car switched to "Private Mode” in the middle of a ride a couple of times.
This is still happening.

7 - Range Mode speed limit set to 65 mph - when this happens the menu for setting the speed limit for the Range driving mode is not available. I programmed it to be 80 mph, the car sets it to 90 mph when the navigation system is used. This happened today again.
This is still happening.

8 - Menus not accessible while parked - error message and most menu items grayed out even when parked.
This did not happen again. Some progress.

9 - Car does not turn itself on upon entering the car and closing the driver door with the key with the range.
This happens almost daily.

10 - “Shrinking roof top insulation - it looks like the insulation is either shrinking or it was never uniform. Check the glass roofline outside passage side. Compare to the driver side.
Porsche was not able to contact you…

11 - Upon entering the vehicle, out of the blue, was prompted to either enter my Porsche Id, continue as a guest or switch the account. The setting is to keep me always “logged on”. Very inconvenient when your are in a hurry trying to get somewhere and you have to dig out your credentials to fully use the features of your own car.
This happened again.

12 - Trunk lid did not close 2x this past week. A friend told me that I had left the trunk open in the parking lot. No obstacle nor anything in the trunk that could have caused it. Second time I saw it. My wife pressed the button, lid goes down then back 1/2 way up.
Did not happened anymore. It might have been related to the key fob signal as you suggested.

13 - Mirrors did not unfold upon unlocking and getting ready to drive. Tried the button on the door panel no response, tried the key from the inside the car lock, unlock - no change. I had to get out lock then unlock to get them to unfold. See pics. Also notice the mirror light, one on the other off.
Did not happen like this; however, in a few instances the courtesy lights do not turn on when I approach the car.

New issues:
14 - This is a dangerous one: Porsche InnoDrive on and system does not update the maximum speed. E.g. I got to Monterey Cannery Row, with the car telling me that the speed limit is 65 mph, and speeding to that if I were to let it go that fast. Only turning the car off, cleared the problem. It has happened 4 times already and only happened after the last update. Potential recall here! See attached pic. You might recognize the background.

15 - Porsche InnoDrive has changed its ability to detect standing vehicles. It used to detect vehicles much earlier/farther and safely applied the breaks to a safe and smooth stop. Since the last update, I believe, tough to say exactly when it started, it does not detect standing vehicles well and I have to intervene, and apply the brakes myself. This is very dangerous after you developed the trust one should have on these safety features.

16 - This one is very serious: Collision Avoidance slammed on the breaks for no reason today. I had Inno Drive on and was stepping on the power pedal going through an intersection after a Stop sign. I am glad the guy behind me kept a good distance and did not hit me.

17 - Navigation menu off and on shows up in German (Ziel suchen) instead of Search Destination. This must a German SW Designer having fun…

18 - HomeLink failure - button not working. Happened a few times. I could try on two side by side garage doors. Neither worked.

19 - All Smart Lift saved locations were erased/deleted on its own.

I will need your help in getting these issues fixed, and reported to Porsche. Let me know if you need supporting images. Also, how should I proceed? Schedule an appointment?
This is tremendously disappointing. I could have gotten two Teslas instead...

Regards,
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag

Hi Chelsea,
Hi James,

I hope all is well.
I wanted to update you and Porsche on the status of the issues (items 1 to 13 below) reported before the last service appointment on July 30th.
Please pay attention to numbers 14, 15, and 16, in red below. These make the car unsafe. I have started seriously considering parking it at Porsche Stevens Creek and getting something else, evidently not another Porsche, but safer automobile.

1 - Recall notice - Motor control error stop vehicle in a safe place I received a notification from Porsche a few days ago.

2 - Charging at Electrify America (EA) - plug and charge no longer works. Please see picture with correspondent EA error message. This started on June 19th.
Partially addressed as the problem happened multiple times after the last in “Service” update. However, EA contacted me the other day and was I able to show them what was going on and they fixed it on their side. Better Customer Service from them than from Porsche, whose agent emailed me three times, stating they were not able to reach you. See attachments.

3 - Slow leak in rear driver side tire - has been there since I got the car. I have to inflate the tire once a month or so. I inspected the tire, but I could not find anything wrong with it. It might be the valve.

5 - All Radio Favorites entires deleted randomly on its own - it is almost not worth it to save the stations because the next time I want to use the list it is no longer there.

6 - The car switched to "Private Mode” in the middle of a ride a couple of times.
This is still happening.

7 - Range Mode speed limit set to 65 mph - when this happens the menu for setting the speed limit for the Range driving mode is not available. I programmed it to be 80 mph, the car sets it to 90 mph when the navigation system is used. This happened today again.
This is still happening.

8 - Menus not accessible while parked - error message and most menu items grayed out even when parked.

9 - Car does not turn itself on upon entering the car and closing the driver door with the key with the range.

10 - “Shrinking roof top insulation - it looks like the insulation is either shrinking or it was never uniform. Check the glass roofline outside passage side. Compare to the driver side.

11 - Upon entering the vehicle, out of the blue, was prompted to either enter my Porsche Id, continue as a guest or switch the account. The setting is to keep me always “logged on”. Very inconvenient when your are in a hurry trying to get somewhere and you have to dig out your credentials to fully use the features of your own car.
This happened again.

12 - Trunk lid did not close 2x this past week. A friend told me that I had left the trunk open in the parking lot. No obstacle nor anything in the trunk that could have caused it. Second time I saw it. My wife pressed the button, lid goes down then back 1/2 way up.
Did not happened anymore. It might have been related to the key fob signal as you suggested.

13 - Mirrors did not unfold upon unlocking and getting ready to drive. Tried the button on the door panel no response, tried the key from the inside the car lock, unlock - no change. I had to get out lock then unlock to get them to unfold. See pics. Also notice the mirror light, one on the other off.
Did not happen like this; however, in a few instances the courtesy lights do not turn on when I approach the car.

New issues:
14 - This is a dangerous one: Porsche InnoDrive on and system does not update the maximum speed. E.g. I got to Monterey Cannery Row, with the car telling me that the speed limit is 65 mph, and speeding to that if I were to let it go that fast. Only turning the car off, cleared the problem. It has happened 4 times already and only happened after the last update. Potential recall here! See attached pic. You might recognize the background.

15 - Porsche InnoDrive has changed its ability to detect standing vehicles. It used to detect vehicles much earlier/farther and safely applied the breaks to a safe and smooth stop. Since the last update, I believe, tough to say exactly when it started, it does not detect standing vehicles well and I have to intervene, and apply the brakes myself. This is very dangerous after you developed the trust one should have on these safety features.

16 - This one is very serious: Collision Avoidance slammed on the breaks for no reason today. I had Inno Drive on and was stepping on the power pedal going through an intersection after a Stop sign. I am glad the guy behind me kept a good distance and did not hit me.

17 - Navigation menu off and on shows up in German (Ziel suchen) instead of Search Destination. This must a German SW Designer having fun…

18 - HomeLink failure - button not working. Happened a few times. I could try on two side by side garage doors. Neither worked.

I will need your help in getting these issues fixed, and reported to Porsche. Let me know if you need supporting images. Also, how should I proceed? Schedule an appointment?

Regards,
I’d be interested to see how this is handled. Please keep us advised and good luck. Hope this gets sorted out. to your complete satisfaction

User name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
I feel sorry for your situation. I hope Porsche will step up and do the right thing. Keep us updated, this will be very interesting.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Wow, that's a lot of problems... :eek:
During my first three weeks, I had #4 once (and #17 almost daily).
I don't have Innodrive (and HomeLink), so couldn't commment, but it happened few times that comfort access didn't unlock the car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@maudasilva that certainly is a lot of issues. It is a pity there are so many small items that take away from the enjoyment of the car.

I have experienced many of your problems and also a few others over the last 18 months. And they are not all sorted out as yet.

in particular I have experienced
number
5 radio
6 privacy
9 car turn on
11 entering vehicle
14 Innodrive
17 navigation ziel
19 smart lift

and all of these were in my case linked to communications modules and the PCM.
They changed LTE module, Connection module, Gateway module, OTA module and a lot of cables.

most issues above were solved but I still seem to have problems with the LTE connections. It seems it is extremely bad at reconnecting once it loses the LTE connection?

Hope you get it sorted out and can enjoy your car.

Reactions: B61

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Sure glad that I have not signed up for InnoDrive! Looks like it might need some more time.....

Reactions: B61

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I would disable InnoDrive and see if the harsher issues stop.

Chelsea was one of my service advisors when I lived in the Bay Area. I was always happy with my service there.

All of us experience some of these gremlins unfortunately but I have seen signs of improvement over time.

For example I used to lose audio on the PCM fairly regularly…I haven’t seen that one in weeks.

Best wishes for happiness with your car.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Makes me less sad that my poverty spec base Taycan doesn't have Innodrive, lift, folding mirrors, pano roof etc etc. PCM did forget all my favorite dresses though :swear:

The car decided to emergency brake once, but there actually was a car in front of me - although I'm sure I wouldn't have run into it, I can see why I got the collision warning.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Subbed. Sorry to hear about all these problems. I'm interested in how Porsche handles it.

Tcar20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Hi Chelsea,
Hi James,

I hope all is well.

This is still happening.

This is still happening.

This happened again.

New issues:

Regards,
???

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm on my third Porsche and have never gotten Homelink to work, despite lengthy phone conversations with the Homelink people while attempting to get the car to communicate with my garage-door software. Many Porsche owners have this problem.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm on my third Porsche and have never gotten Homelink to work, despite lengthy phone conversations with the Homelink people while attempting to get the car to communicate with my garage-door software. Many Porsche owners have this problem.
In the whole scheme of things the piss poor implementation of homelink in the taycan is quite low on the problem meter. I was able to link homelink with my garage opener but I dislike how many times the screen needs touched to implement it. I went back to the old clicker

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FWIW on Homelink in the Taycan, if you set one and only one transmitter at your home GPS location, you can program one of the assignable buttons to that transmitter and it becomes awesome. I use the dashboard button (steering wheel is for sport sound on/off). If you have a second garage door you also want to program, program it using a different Homelink profile, and don't save the location for that second profile. It won't pop up automatically which means more button pushes to call it up, but if it's infrequently used, it's way better than extra button pushes for your primary garage door.

Now if you have a gate as well you need to program and use along with a garage door every time you arrive/leave, the inconvenience (extra button pushes) of the current implementation seems unavoidable.
Sponsored