Too many Taycans for sale??

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Everybody just needs to enjoy the best ev car on the road and stop worrying about residual values because as they say you have got what you have got so all stop whinging and smile everytime you drive it
I never quite understood the mindset of worrying about depreciation yet also trying to drive and enjoy the car, too. If you really like the car...buy it, drive it, enjoy it. If you're worrying about price or what you might get back for it once you move on, then maybe the car is already a stretch for you. Just think of all those Taycan owners who decided to upgrade to a GTS/Turbo only after having their original Taycan for a year. Bad business decision? Yes. Regrets? Heck nooo.
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I'm planning to drive and enjoy it until the repairs and cost become unbearable and plain stupid.
Hopefully that will be at least 10 years (wishful thinking).

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
If you have the money just keep it to enjoy. If you don't have and keep worry about depreciation just don't buy any premium car at all.
I think many are on the market with 3 years PCP finance since 2020 and they don't want add balloon payment + 36 monthly sums already been paid.

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always assume that my car is worth zero. Any money I get if I ever sell it is just gravy.

The number of Taycans for sale is not unusual given historical sales to date, and the current interest rate/economic environment. Welcome to the old normal.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
The Maserati is nowhere near the same price point though. That car is predicted to be 50k+ more...
If we think Porsche is bad. Let’s not even contemplate the future parts situation with an electric Maser 🤣

OP
OP

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
Some good points and a fair bit of pontificating. Surely we all want a good deal and look for angle. Porsches are not cheap, but it seems obvious it’s a great car. Porsche have it a little too easy, hopefully that’s the product and not just down to demand.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
If one is not prepared to experience at least 15% per year in devaluation for the first 3 years, then move on to the used market. This is the price of "new". Do folks think they are buying a collectible? Younger folks may believe that cars are appreciating assets, but unfortunately they are not. History illustrates this is not the case, with the exception of a very extra ordinary times, such as pandemics or world wars where rationing is in place.

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I once bought a 2 year old BMW 7 series with 18,000 miles for 50% of its list price.

This idea that you can pay £100k plus for a car, stick 30,000 miles on it and 3 years later get your money back (with little warranty for the next owner) is mad.

Of course, there’s been a new car shortage, so residuals have hardened but that was always going to work through.

If you’re really worried about how much you’re going to loose stay away from the configurator! (Or at least think VERY carefully about the extras you order)

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
My SA (assume that Sales Assistant...?) told me last week its just the fact the supply chain is now moving again so dealers are selling old demonstrators and getting new stock... I guess I am hoping (maybe deluded) I could use the stock level as some sort of negociation, maybe get them to honour the 7.9% rate (actually might have been lower in April last yeat) rather 10.9%. Thus far I have recieved the expected response; there is a long waiting list so we don't need to discount etc...
Yeah. I am still waiting for my allocation

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
a full / top specd TTS with PTS will land at € 250k + , I honestly don't think Folgore will be sold at or from €300k, i would never spend that amount on a EV regardless if it's maserati, lambo or ferrari
The Maserati is a heck. It is a gas car with motor shoed in. Doesn't even have good handling with the weight. it will have even worse residue value

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If one is not prepared to experience at least 15% per year in devaluation for the first 3 years, then move on to the used market. This is the price of "new". Do folks think they are buying a collectible? Younger folks may believe that cars are appreciating assets, but unfortunately they are not. History illustrates this is not the case, with the exception of a very extra ordinary times, such as pandemics or world wars where rationing is in place.
Many 911 generations and models have defied traditional depreciation trends, including significant rebounds after following traditional depreciation figures. Then again, I'm not expecting the Taycan to follow these trends, and nobody else should either. It isn't a GT4 RS. If I wanted a future classic, I'd get a 987 Boxster Spyder with a manual transmission and then wait...

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I’ve noticed a surplus of Taycans around too; even the dealer that wanted 20k down to be on a waitlist now has a gentian blue 4s in stock. I fully expect to take a bath on resale, but I’ve kept every car I’ve owned for 8+ years and fully intend to do so here. Spreading +\- 10% over 8 years is ultimately immaterial. Plus life is short… no point in worrying about little stuff like that!

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If we think Porsche is bad. Let’s not even contemplate the future parts situation with an electric Maser 🤣
and the Maserati is not even built on a dedicated EV platform right? Kind of iX3-style adaptation of an existing ICE model.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Main driver is high finance rates giving rise to lots of cancelled orders. Add in new registration mark so dealers shifting current showroom models and demonstrators. The high residuals over the last year or two do not represent a normal market. Give it 12 or 24 months and the market will probably stabilise somewhere between today's lows and historic highs.
The good news is you should be able to get a build slot fairly quickly or a great deal on a nearly new model
Yup, current economy is seperating the men from the boys. when wealthy enough you buy the car cash, with current interest rates and no own capital towards a purchase the dream and monthly cost are no longer in reach for many people. EV tax incentives changing also means that corporate lease is no longer attainable for a lot of people, where people didn’t pay tax before the used that “budget” towards the monthly lease and were basically driving a car they could not afford, now with those corporate incentives gone, the car is above their paygrade, out of reach. This will cause an increase of 2nd hand, for one season, but it’s not a bad thing as the car will become unattainable and more desirable again. 70% of the last 3 years drivers, the bill did just fit because of corporate incentives, this going away is not a bad thing.
the good thing is, as consumer it’s a great time to shop 2nd hand and buy a nice repossessed or out of lease model.
Sponsored