Too many Taycans for sale??

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bought mine last July, and sure it's annoying that coming from a UK second-hand market abnormally favoring sellers we are now looking at steeper than normal depreciation (in the short-term at least).

But as many have already noted, you're not buying a Taycan to make money and few toys are as much fun as this one to drive on a daily basis - so make sure you enjoy it and make use of the tax incentives while they are still around.
Sponsored

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good chance Porsche will increase the price of the face lift (the usual annual price increase). This will support residuals. Likewise as we move into the Spring and Summer you will see prices firm up (usual seasonal adjustment).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I wonder if Porsche finally launched their digital twin for residual value estimates:
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/11/porsche-wants-to-catch-chassis-failures-before-they-happen/
Oh dear, this is sure to be a revenue gravy train to prop up the servicing side of Porsche dealerships rather than a stick to be waved to control residuals. Can't for the life on me see how non-Porsche dealerships would be able to access this type of data when it comes to determining a trade-in nor be able to act upon it.

Porsche ain't top of the class when it comes to software or its implementation!

Call me a cynic...but!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Oh dear, this is sure to be a revenue gravy train to prop up the servicing side of Porsche dealerships rather than a stick to be waved to control residuals. Can't for the life on me see how non-Porsche dealerships would be able to access this type of data when it comes to determining a trade-in nor be able to act upon it.

Porsche ain't top of the class when it comes to software or its implementation!

Call me a cynic...but!
One of the things other dealerships do here in the US when trading in a Porsche is call a Porsche dealer to get an idea of the trade-in value and desirability of the car. So, if Porsche dealer has a database to lookup, they will pass that on.

I never said Porsche will get it right, but even bad software might be influencing trade-in values, correctly or not. There is a class action suit against landlords in New York, IIRC, because they all used the very same "rent valuation software" which showed them higher values for rent of their properties, causing the rents to rise. The action claim is that using the same valuation software is akin to collusion (all landlords agreeing to raise rents together). The software became popular among landlords because it told them their properties are worth more. I can imagine the same thing happening with Porsche trade-in valuation software which will tell dealers to pay less for trades and charge more for sales (justifying the raise in value by saying the CPO prep service adds the value).

SCPoster

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Porsche 911 997.1 C2S
Country flag
Good chance Porsche will increase the price of the face lift (the usual annual price increase). This will support residuals. Likewise as we move into the Spring and Summer you will see prices firm up (usual seasonal adjustment).
My dealer had no Taycan STs/CTs in the second half of last year when I was waiting for my CT4 (received my car in early December).

Now the same dealer has 8 STs/CTs on their forecourt. Most have turned up in Jan 2023 - guess these will take time to clear - most are still around the new £.
Happy with my purchase and will keep the car for 2-3 years. I had my time again (crystal ball) I would skip the 12 month wait and haggle.

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Silver lining... Could be favourable for Limited Company purchases. Get the 100% First Year allowance on the way in and when the car depreciates like hell less to pay in tax on the way out / or for the company director's to buy the car off the company at the new depressed value.

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes - I know the company is still taking a loss... but with the tax benefit it is slightly softened and also if the Directors end up buying the car they benefit the most as the company has taken the steepest part of the depreciation curve.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Silver lining... Could be favourable for Limited Company purchases. Get the 100% First Year allowance on the way in and when the car depreciates like hell less to pay in tax on the way out / or for the company director's to buy the car off the company at the new depressed value.
Thats what I am doing, I regularly print off rubbish Webuyanycar offers to keep as if I decide to buy
my car off my company and the market has rebounded the offer is still valid for HMRC.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Thats what I am doing, I regularly print off rubbish Webuyanycar offers to keep as if I decide to buy
my car off my company and the market has rebounded the offer is still valid for HMRC.
Me too :cool:

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
exactly this.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My dealer had no Taycan STs/CTs in the second half of last year when I was waiting for my CT4 (received my car in early December).

Now the same dealer has 8 STs/CTs on their forecourt. Most have turned up in Jan 2023 - guess these will take time to clear - most are still around the new £.
Happy with my purchase and will keep the car for 2-3 years. I had my time again (crystal ball) I would skip the 12 month wait and haggle.
People’s leases are up…

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I feel for you, but I don’t think it’s too surprising. If it’s highly spec’d, you take a blood bath on options, compounded by a glut of 4S’ coming off leases / flooding the market.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Is it common to track the value of your car while you own it? It is so rare I've done that. While I own and drive it, it's worth every penny I paid for it...
While I drive it, sure, but when it's in the shop for 3+ months with HV battery failure ... made me look what I can get for it. Gonna sell it, as soon it comes back from the shop.
Sponsored