Took a Turbo S round Silverstone yesterday… WOW ?

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve got a TTS due for delivery in March… an order I placed having only driven the base model Taycan… they’re a little different aren’t they! ?

I am absolutely blown away… speechless… I’ve driven fast cars before, M5, other Porsches etc but nothing comes remotely close to the TTS.

The launch control feels less like driving a car and more how I would imagine a rocket launch might feel. I honestly thought it might tear the tarmac off of the road the torque was so powerful and when that second gear kicks in around 60mph… oh mama ???

Bravo Porsche, absolutely spellbound!

The car I drove was almost identical to the spec I’ve ordered too, counting down the days on the calendar ?

Porsche Taycan Took a Turbo S round Silverstone yesterday… WOW ? 43815B7C-CF3D-4886-9C40-7EC4BE3B0B8B
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The Porsche instructors/hosts (or whatever they're called) must have nerves of steel, particularly on the short launch & emergency stop runs where they're encouraging unfamiliar drivers to explore the limits. I've witnessed a 911 come to grief on that (sideswiping the barrier). I'm not sure that, in a Taycan as opposed to all other Porsches, they're able to reach the "handbrake" to intervene.

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I was in the car by myself… quite nerve wracking initially driving round a track with 20 other luxury cars / exotics… especially when the back end kicked out and the tyres started screeching round one of the corners! Still blown away though.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I can imagine...though probably safer than daily driving on public roads these days. I'd forgotten about the Covid measures...did you have an instructor leading the way and communicating over-air? Was it all-Porsche or did you have a session on the racing circuits?

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can imagine...though probably safer than daily driving on public roads these days. I'd forgotten about the Covid measures...did you have an instructor leading the way and communicating over-air? Was it all-Porsche or did you have a session on the racing circuits?
I found the track a bit intimidating to start with to be fair - 5 metre drive then you’re on a track with all these other cars in this utterly psychopathic car ?

instructor was leading the way, excellent experience - they were great.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I was in the car by myself… quite nerve wracking initially driving round a track with 20 other luxury cars / exotics… especially when the back end kicked out and the tyres started screeching round one of the corners! Still blown away though.
Porsche ...... there is no substitute.
Porsche Taycan Took a Turbo S round Silverstone yesterday… WOW ? 1639574555010

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I’ve got a TTS due for delivery in March… an order I placed having only driven the base model Taycan… they’re a little different aren’t they! ?

I am absolutely blown away… speechless… I’ve driven fast cars before, M5, other Porsches etc but nothing comes remotely close to the TTS.

The launch control feels less like driving a car and more how I would imagine a rocket launch might feel. I honestly thought it might tear the tarmac off of the road the torque was so powerful and when that second gear kicks in around 60mph… oh mama ???

Bravo Porsche, absolutely spellbound!

The car I drove was almost identical to the spec I’ve ordered too, counting down the days on the calendar ?

43815B7C-CF3D-4886-9C40-7EC4BE3B0B8B.jpeg
I took the 4SCT out a week ago on the same track (when they were allowed instructors in the car). great day. and great set of tracks, skid plates too. Mine comes in March too!