First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Great thanks mate.
I have the Turbo fully optioned and same policy discounts, Shannons agreed $3,900 for mine, i pushed them hard thats the lowest they will go.
I spoke to Shannons and they asked if I mod my cars or watch any motorsport etc. I said I do not modify cars or watch much formula 1 anymore as I have young kids. They then said they won't insure me as Shannons is only for enthusiasts. Wtf!? Anyone had any experience with this? They have my details already so presumeably won't revert?
Sponsored

OP
OP
POR997

POR997

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S, 997TT, 986S, 356A
Country flag
I spoke to Shannons and they asked if I mod my cars or watch any motorsport etc. I said I do not modify cars or watch much formula 1 anymore as I have young kids. They then said they won't insure me as Shannons is only for enthusiasts. Wtf!? Anyone had any experience with this? They have my details already so presumeably won't revert?
Wow. Never heard of this. Sounds discriminatory.

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
You bought a sports car worth a quarter of a million dollars...... TBH you seem like a motoring enthusiast to me :)

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Shannons gave me the best quote by far; much lower than NRMA or anything my broker could find. I currently have my time attack car (with a long list of covered mods) insured with them.

Porsche Taycan Took delivery of my 4S in Sydney ss (2021-11-15 at 11.17.40)

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
My 911 is insured with NRMA because they were the only company that would offer insurance for a car parked on the street. This is absurd given the extremely low crime rates in my area. I expect that when my Taycan arrives in March that NRMA will again be the only option.
Sponsored