BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I was driving about 70 on the highway in range mode (meaning car was low) when i saw some sort of metal box or can tumbling under the car in front and then towards me. There was no room or time to move out of the way so I took it straight on the chin. I feel lucky it didn’t bounce up and hit the hood or windshield but I’m still slightly bummed. Any idea cost to repair? I’m guessing a couple thousand at least.

Porsche Taycan Took one on the Taycan chin today 4F6E002C-B97A-4C31-9F11-99B707BC3157

Porsche Taycan Took one on the Taycan chin today BFCB90C8-D040-47A8-A583-D012D0B0C6A6

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Very fortunate only to have damage on the lip spoiler. Since you don't have one of the Turbos, the part is not expensive at all (~$250) and the install really isn't time consuming, since you don't have any painted parts. If you choose to upgrade the spoiler to the Turbo, then it gets considerably more expensive and time-consuming since the part is more expensive and you have to paint it. (Candidly, I would consider it, as I think the painted Turbo lip spoiler is the best looking of the various pieces!)

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I wouldn't fix it. It's barely noticeable. Wait for the next ding and maybe it's someone else's fault and you can get it fixed for free.

This coming from someone who gets randomly dinged at least once a year. I get its a new car but that thing is tiny.

My two cents

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Isn’t this supposed to be covered by your insurance? I just checked my contract and it mentions if any debris on the road damages the vehicle it’s subject to compensation. (Part only)

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Probably depends on the deductible. If it's 500 for example no point calling insurance. Even if its less than 250, it might not be worth it if they raise the premium on the next cycle.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I wouldn't fix it. It's barely noticeable. Wait for the next ding and maybe it's someone else's fault and you can get it fixed for free.

This coming from someone who gets randomly dinged at least once a year. I get its a new car but that thing is tiny.

My two cents
agree. my new car was no longer a new car the moment I drove off the lot. I am sure there are little injuries on it somewhere if I look close enough. So, I don't.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
same thing happened to mine, hit the painted bumper part two! happened two weeks out and I havent fixed it a year later. its a bumper, things will hit it.

OP
OP
BMonte13

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag

My two cents
Hopefully I don’t get too many more dings but I’m leaning towards your advice to let it be. I love this car as my daily driver and don’t plan on getting rid of it for at least 5 years.

Last edited:

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
that's pretty tiny if you ask me, and hardly noticeable unless you look for it. i'd save the money.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I feel lucky it didn’t bounce up and hit the hood or windshield but I’m still slightly bummed.
Maybe you’ll be even less bummed if your realize you’re more lucky than you thought. Your worse case scenario for a sharp metal object on the road is not hood or windshield damage, but rather battery damage possibly leading to a catastrophic fire few minutes or hours later.

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I was driving about 70 on the highway in range mode (meaning car was low) when i saw some sort of metal box or can tumbling under the car in front and then towards me. There was no room or time to move out of the way so I took it straight on the chin. I feel lucky it didn’t bounce up and hit the hood or windshield but I’m still slightly bummed. Any idea cost to repair? I’m guessing a couple thousand at least.

4F6E002C-B97A-4C31-9F11-99B707BC3157.jpeg

BFCB90C8-D040-47A8-A583-D012D0B0C6A6.jpeg
I'd 100% spend the $280 (plus tax etc.) to get a brand new front spoiler - which seems to be part number 9J1807541AOK1 . Is this the least expensive Porsche body part ever or what?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I'd 100% spend the $280 (plus tax etc.) to get a brand new front spoiler - which seems to be part number 9J1807541AOK1 . Is this the least expensive Porsche body part ever or what?
I know, right?!? When I first saw it, I thought it might be a mistake and considered buying it and storing it for when I inevitably will need to replace it!

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
It’s a small blemis, but I’m a bit of an autist. I would probably use it as an excuse to upgrade to painted (and do the rear while at it, as you can’t just do one end) :p
Sponsored