JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Man, there is a cornucopia of reviews on YouTube for this car in the last few days.

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Damn, dirtiest Taycan I’ve ever seen. I love the grin on a driver’s face when they stomp on the accelerator.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Man, there is a cornucopia of reviews on YouTube for this car in the last few days.
Yeah typically during a launch of a new model the manufacturer will set an embargo date, after which reviews can be published. Obviously these reviews were produced in weeks or months ago but had to sit on the shelf until a certain date/time. Then you see a slew of them from every possible media outlet and youtuber.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Very cool video indeed! I became a little uneasy when I saw all that that mud built up along his semi off road trip. Very controversial, as I always wash and polish my TS after a little dust on the surface, a bird dropping on the paint, or when my neighbour spits on the car regularly (seriously). I have had PPF installed on my Taycan though, and I think it is a good idea for every Cross Turismo owner also . . . at least if they intend driving like this Top Gear dude :tumbleweed: The longest I dare to stretch to such driving with my ordinary Tyacan, is on snow or closed track :cool:

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am surprised if it didn't throw "WBA limited" and "ParkAssist unavailable" warnings with all this dirt on the sensors?

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
What amazes me amongst all these YouTube reviews (and most of the online car-magazine reviews) is that the reviewers seem almost universally to prefer the Cross Turismo to the Taycan sedan... I know that the CT will outsell the sedan in Europe (as the Panamera ST does the Panamera sedan), but it's interesting how Americans tend to shun wagons/estate cars and yet this is getting rave reviews from American reviewers.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
What amazes me amongst all these YouTube reviews (and most of the online car-magazine reviews) is that the reviewers seem almost universally to prefer the Cross Turismo to the Taycan sedan... I know that the CT will outsell the sedan in Europe (as the Panamera ST does the Panamera sedan), but it's interesting how Americans tend to shun wagons/estate cars and yet this is getting rave reviews from American reviewers.
True but it's almost become a cliche that automotive journalists love wagons so maybe its not so surprising. Not sure if it accurately predicts how the wider public will accept the wagon. I personally hope its wildly successful and Porsche finds it in their heart to offer a "outback delete" package (basically removing the cladding).

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
True but it's almost become a cliche that automotive journalists love wagons so maybe its not so surprising. Not sure if it accurately predicts how the wider public will accept the wagon. I personally hope its wildly successful and Porsche finds it in their heart to offer a "outback delete" package (basically removing the cladding).
It sounds as if a Sport Turismo version with lower ground clearance and no cladding will be coming soon, maybe MY2022. I personally want the higher clearance and don't mind the cladding; I'm more into functionality than exterior looks.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Journalist and car enthusiast loves wagons, but the general US public not so much. I was so happy when Audi brought the RS6 Avant over, been thinking about pulling the trigger on that, and Porsche showed the Cross Turismo. Love at 1st sight. Thinking of RS6 will be my last ICE car, but no need to agonize over that now. :)

-ThinkMac-

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
It sounds as if a Sport Turismo version with lower ground clearance and no cladding will be coming soon, maybe MY2022. I personally want the higher clearance and don't mind the cladding; I'm more into functionality than exterior looks.
let’s hope so, ideally they’d announce a sport turismo in time for orders to change!

also worth mentioning that the lower cars have smaller frontal area, which means less drag and longer range. It’s more of a functionality trade than an across the board win. Same reason the cars lower themselves in range mode. I’ll take the range help over ground clearance, however small.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
That's because most of the American car reviewers are enthusiasts and purists like the European reviewers, and most of them love european and asian market only performance estates and wagons, however their tastes don't really represent the average American buyer, unfortunately, wish it wasn't so.

Journalist and car enthusiast loves wagons, but the general US public not so much. I was so happy when Audi brought the RS6 Avant over, been thinking about pulling the trigger on that, and Porsche showed the Cross Turismo. Love at 1st sight. Thinking of RS6 will be my last ICE car, but no need to agonize over that now. :)
The release of the RS6 in the US was an unexpected fluke, but I suspect this will be the first and only time they will be throwing US Audi fans this bone as they are selling the RS6 here in very limited quantities and it probably comes at a cost to them to have the car Federalized for US shores but not really sell them in the numbers to make it worth while financially.
Sponsored