Torque output of Turbo S when not using launch/overboost?

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I have been unable to locate actual Turbo S torque output when not using launch mode. Horsepower is the same as Turbo.

Does have any links to information regarding this? I have searched and I am unable to find any conclusive number as to torque output.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TK-421

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I have been unable to locate actual Turbo S torque output when not using launch mode. Horsepower is the same as Turbo.

Does have any links to information regarding this? I have searched and I am unable to find any conclusive number as to torque output.
Porsche Taycan Torque output of Turbo S when not using launch/overboost? E91536D4-6C6B-4D3B-9EF8-907FBA19534C

If you look at the small red dots I have put on the torque graph, you will see that the turbo S has approximately 6% more torque up to approximately 62kph. After 62KPH both the torque and horsepower seem to be identical between the two cars when not in launch control.

It seems that on the turbo S, in non launch mode, Porsche has elected to reduce the amount of torque from the rear motor in order to make up for the higher torque from the front motor, so that after 62KPH it is equal to the turbo.

It seems from anything other than very low speeds or launch mode it really does come down to the microsecond of who pushes the accelerator first.