TPark Assist With Surround View Option

6HAW

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 981 Boxster S. 2018 Audi Q8 50SLine.
Country flag
I recently picked up my MY2022 CT4, on which I had optioned the Park Assist With Surround View.
I had previously seen posts of how poor the Taycan cameras are; is this really the extent of Surround View (ie just a front or rear camera view) ...I can't find any buttons to push, clicking on the cameras does nothing....or am I missing something? I really expected similar to the birds eye surround view from my outgoing Q8 (similar, but older VAG hardware??) but this really is absolute pish.
Can anyone with a MY2022 and this option selected confirm this is all they got for their £522?
Thanks.

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option DSC_2355.JPG

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option DSC_2354.JPG

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option DSC_2356.JPG

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option DSC_2357.JPG

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting....I don't have that view (of both sides) that you do.

To access the surround view mode, where you can click on different angled cameras, try clicking on this button:
Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option InkedDSC_2356_LI

OP
OP
6HAW

6HAW

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion, that button just appears to give a more birds' eye camera view of either the front or back depending which I select....still no surround view.
Pretty poor show...

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option DSC_2359.JPG

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option DSC_2358.JPG

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hmmm if my memory serves when I was not moving camera icons appeared along the car and from which I could pick different angle views, including the free rotating surround view. What happens if you click on the P arrow camera icon (one below mute)?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
There are 2 surround view systems. The normal one (park assist with surround view) and surround view 3D that is included in active parking support. That one does what my X5 did : surround view at variable angles around the car. I don’t have my car yet but I ordered this option more for reverse traffic alert and the 3D parking view that for the automatic parking function.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I recently picked up my MY2022 CT4, on which I had optioned the Park Assist With Surround View.
I had previously seen posts of how poor the Taycan cameras are; is this really the extent of Surround View (ie just a front or rear camera view) ...I can't find any buttons to push, clicking on the cameras does nothing....or am I missing something? I really expected similar to the birds eye surround view from my outgoing Q8 (similar, but older VAG hardware??) but this really is absolute pish.
Can anyone with a MY2022 and this option selected confirm this is all they got for their £522?
Thanks.

DSC_2355.JPG

DSC_2354.JPG

DSC_2356.JPG

DSC_2357.JPG
Does this help?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion, that button just appears to give a more birds' eye camera view of either the front or back depending which I select....still no surround view.
Pretty poor show...

DSC_2359.JPG

DSC_2358.JPG
This is panoramic / surround view but not 3D - for that you need the remote parking option.

Surround (4 cameras) = front, rear and door mirror cameras. The side / kerb view is from the door mirrors. Same as other Porsches with surround view.

What are you expecting to see?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is panoramic / surround view but not 3D - for that you need the remote parking option.

Surround (4 cameras) = front, rear and door mirror cameras. The side / kerb view is from the door mirrors. Same as other Porsches with surround view.

What are you expecting to see?
There is also a hack to get pseudo 3D (ability to spin the car around etc).

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Pretty poor show...

DSC_2359.JPG

DSC_2358.JPG
I would suggest to clean the camera lenses. That will improve the quality. They get dirty quickly, I tend to clean them daily.

also, use the 3d hack to enter virtual 3d mode, however, I do not find it being too useful.

OP
OP
6HAW

6HAW

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tbh I was expecting better - more like the 3D view I had come from in the Q8. But at least I now know I have what I've paid for. So £500+ for the two cameras in the door mirrors with seemingly limited benefit... hmmmm... not sure I'd recommend that option to anyone.
I'll try the hack, but no doubt it'll have been disabled for MY2022.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Tbh I was expecting better - more like the 3D view I had come from in the Q8. But at least I now know I have what I've paid for. So £500+ for the two cameras in the door mirrors with seemingly limited benefit... hmmmm... not sure I'd recommend that option to anyone.
I'll try the hack, but no doubt it'll have been disabled for MY2022.
Surround is more or less essential for parking given the size of the car

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I have just taken delivery of a 2022 Turbo S which has Park Assist with Surround View.

I have the same issue that 6HAW does in that I only have camera icons for the front and rear, but no camera icons on the sides of the car, nor does it allow me to swivel the car around.

That said, it does allow me to look at the side of the car to see how close the kerb is.

I had a 2020 4S with Park Assist with Surround View before this, and it had the additional camera icons and allowed me to do a 360 swivel of the car.

The configurator says that Park Assist with Surround View offers:

As ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera, but also featuring a 360° surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when manoeuvring. A junction view (from front and rear of vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the screen of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including mirror lighting

Has anyone come across this?

I’ll be contacting the dealer tomorrow to raise this issue.

Porsche Taycan TPark Assist With Surround View Option 96D85C22-049E-4BCA-9D9D-74277E6EB47F

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have just taken delivery of a 2022 Turbo S which has Park Assist with Surround View.

I have the same issue that 6HAW does in that I only have camera icons for the front and rear, but no camera icons on the sides of the car, nor does it allow me to swivel the car around.

That said, it does allow me to look at the side of the car to see how close the kerb is.

I had a 2020 4S with Park Assist with Surround View before this, and it had the additional camera icons and allowed me to do a 360 swivel of the car.

The configurator says that Park Assist with Surround View offers:

As ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera, but also featuring a 360° surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when manoeuvring. A junction view (from front and rear of vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the screen of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including mirror lighting

Has anyone come across this?

I’ll be contacting the dealer tomorrow to raise this issue.

96D85C22-049E-4BCA-9D9D-74277E6EB47F.jpeg
You got what you paid for. To get the additional virtual cameras you need the 3D option ( now part of the remote parking assist ).

360 view or panoramic is from the top down i.e. bird's-eye view - nothing else.

There is a 3D hack for the Pano / surround which you have. Search the forum for guidance in use - a faff to use.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
You got what you paid for. To get the additional virtual cameras you need the 3D option ( now part of the remote parking assist ).

360 view or panoramic is from the top down i.e. bird's-eye view - nothing else.

There is a 3D hack for the Pano / surround which you have. Search the forum for guidance in use - a faff to use.
OK, thanks. I didn’t realise I needed to get the remote park assist. I did toy with getting that, but decided against it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
OK, thanks. I didn’t realise I needed to get the remote park assist. I did toy with getting that, but decided against it.
Before this was introduced MY22 there was a specific 3D option. This was dropped, basic park assist with reversing camera was made standard, 360 panoramic was optional and then remote parking with 3D were bundled as the top option. Note that remote parking looks to be for Apple devices only but not 100% certain of that.
Sponsored