First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
First problem this morning!

Had a low tyre pressure warning so I topped up with air. I tried to reset the system but just get spinning circles.
Car says reset will only occur above 15mph so I have driven around 10 miles above 15mph but this wont reset and the low pressure warning remains!

Each time I stop the car it stops and then starts again when I set off so I did a 10 mile highway run but still the same!!

Air pressure now checked manually and its correct.

The app not showing anything either!
Porsche Taycan TPMS not resetting! 6B470B7B-17BF-43C7-BC1B-7AEDAA6BD401

Anyone had similar?
Sponsored

gasman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks but this did not work for me
Did you ever get this sorted? I have changed to winter tyres but can not get my TPMS to work again?
Any advice?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I also have pre-mounted winter wheels and tires (with TPMS) on the way... (watching)

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It's a bastard to reset- Choose another tyre type in the menu - it then eventually resets!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also have pre-mounted winter wheels and tires (with TPMS) on the way... (watching)
I have put the winter wheels on the car. The tyres are 20 inch Pirelli PZero winter Elect tyres. Seems they have been designed specifically for the Taycan from some releases I saw last week.

I did the changes as described in the manual and took a short trip. But no luck with the sensors. I did however not try to select any other dimensions or types. Will try that tomorrow.

First impression was that the tyres and 20 inch instead of 21 inch summer tyres felt extremely soft and not as planted. I have now checked and corrected all the tyre pressures etc. But not deflated any tyre to trigger a warning. This was described in the general Porsche sites in the U.K. as a remedy for ICE Porsches???

I will post some pictures of the aftermarket wheels and tyres later once the weather permits.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I also have the Pirelli PZero Winter tires coming. I assume they are very similar to the "tyres" of which you speak! ;-)

One interesting thing about the PZero Winter's is that they have a band of sound insulating foam which runs around the outer circumference of the tire (on the inside of course). This reportedly helps greatly to minimize road noise from the more aggressive winter tires, err... TYRES.

I bet this is what makes them an "EV" optimized design...

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I have put the winter wheels on the car. The tyres are 20 inch Pirelli PZero winter Elect tyres. Seems they have been designed specifically for the Taycan from some releases I saw last week.

I did the changes as described in the manual and took a short trip. But no luck with the sensors. I did however not try to select any other dimensions or types. Will try that tomorrow.

First impression was that the tyres and 20 inch instead of 21 inch summer tyres felt extremely soft and not as planted. I have now checked and corrected all the tyre pressures etc. But not deflated any tyre to trigger a warning. This was described in the general Porsche sites in the U.K. as a remedy for ICE Porsches???

I will post some pictures of the aftermarket wheels and tyres later once the weather permits.
You don't have to change the size of the wheel (select a different size than what you have), but it has to be a different wheel than the currently selected. If you scroll on available options, there is a 20" winter option on the list - at least there was one in mine. Once I selected that, it worked like a charm.

AlexPx

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Doesn’t work for me. Got my winter tires mounted on the summer turbo rims. All sensors work. But they seem to not connect with the car. I’ve chosen different wheel types in the setting, than the learning starts. After a while I get the message that there is an error and the low pressure warning appears. Any ideas?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't have to change the size of the wheel (select a different size than what you have), but it has to be a different wheel than the currently selected. If you scroll on available options, there is a 20" winter option on the list - at least there was one in mine. Once I selected that, it worked like a charm.
I have now tried this several times and still no change! I even took it down to the Porsche dealer and they just took a look and said “ that is not a Porsche supplied wheel, so we can not help you!” And that was the end of conversation with them. They said they could not do anything! I also tried with a Tyre Fitter not connected to Porsche. They tried to read the sensor, which worked. But they did not have the correct system to programme the sensors in the wheel so still no results.

In my case I suspect the sensors need to have the same ID as the sensors had in the summer wheels? But I have no way of reprogramming the installed sensors unfortunately.

If there is anybody who understands and knows more about TPMS systems please let me know!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doesn’t work for me. Got my winter tires mounted on the summer turbo rims. All sensors work. But they seem to not connect with the car. I’ve chosen different wheel types in the setting, than the learning starts. After a while I get the message that there is an error and the low pressure warning appears. Any ideas?
I am not sure about this at all. Can there be a chance that the wheels have not been replaced at the same position as they were originally. In other words can the left front wheel now be in say the right front position instead? I guess the front wheels and the rear wheels have different rim dimensions so they can not be incorrectly placed?? Check with your tyre shop?

AlexPx

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not sure about this at all. Can there be a chance that the wheels have not been replaced at the same position as they were originally. In other words can the left front wheel now be in say the right front position instead? I guess the front wheels and the rear wheels have different rim dimensions so they can not be incorrectly placed?? Check with your tyre shop?
Thanks. I’ll check that. At the tire shop they could read the sensors with a device and could check if they work properly and the tire pressure. 1st idea of the dealer was, that maybe they’ve broken a sensor mounting the summer tires to the rims.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks. I’ll check that. At the tire shop they could read the sensors with a device and could check if they work properly and the tire pressure. 1st idea of the dealer was, that maybe they’ve broken a sensor mounting the summer tires to the rims.
FWIW, I had a tire shop break a sensor while mounting tires on a different Porsche. They grabbed a same brand (Bosch) sensor from their inventory and replaced it, and never told me about it. Turns out there may be different models and/or frequencies within the same manufacturer - so perhaps that happened to you. TPMS should easily be able to handle if the original sensors are moved to a different corner of the car - just re-learning which sensor ID is at which wheel. After starting the re-learn procedure as others have already stated, you have to drive at least 15 minutes, or deflate each tire by at least 5 PSI to wake up the sensor.
Sponsored