Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
If you get a chance to see Fifth Gear Recharged episode 8 they race a CT4S against a 911. Unlike in a past episode, the same person drove both cars. Fun segment to watch! Really cool seeing that wagon blast around the track.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
"Sign up to watch" :(
Maybe I'll just 'phone Karun!
I'd invested so much effort searching for the catch-up service that I resisted my usual reaction to being asked to sign up. IIRC I only had to create an account- no payment details not even the "input your card details and we hope you forget that we'll start charging after your free trial" kind.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I'd invested so much effort searching for the catch-up service that I resisted my usual reaction to being asked to sign up. IIRC I only had to create an account- no payment details not even the "input your card details and we hope you forget that we'll start charging after your free trial" kind.
Thanks, I've watched it !
Not that surprised the Taycan is quicker than a 911 around a wet Anglesey circuit!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
He's a very good racing driver, but the programme, including that segment, is awfully dull.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
He's a very good racing driver, but the programme, including that segment, is awfully dull.
Yes, I feel the same - but its still an interesting series.

re. The other segment re NIO car from China - a mate of mine based in China visited a NIO garage and is considering one. He was mighty impressed, especially with the battery change operation they have set up in his area… it is a very cool idea. Anyone who can’t/ hasn’t seen this program, it shows a Chinese vehicle having its battery changed in 5 minutes while you sit in the car. They are selling well in Norway. It was well liked by the reviewers too.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Thanks for the heads-up... Interesting episode...with for me at least...quite a few familiar places, roads and racetrack ;)

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I love fifth gear way more than Top Gear. The drivers are real god damn good drivers and they are no bullshit on the cars.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I love fifth gear way more than Top Gear. The drivers are real god damn good drivers and they are no bullshit on the cars.
I agree they're good drivers, but this programme is so dull and really doesn't go in to any detail in their comparisons.
They bodged the comparison between the taycan and the audi - i forget what they did wrong, but they just voiced over at the end that it wasn't a fair test. It's a shame as it's a topic everyone on here is interested in.
I'd sooner watch Top Gear, but that is a light entertainment show. Shame that 5th Gear hasn't effectively stepped into the hole in the market of a more 'serious' car show that they've left.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's why it's on Channel 5!

I think Jason lost the plot when he was enticed into that ridiculous race around some farm lanes whilst James Martin "cooked" - thankfully that section has been dropped from the programme.
Sponsored