JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Posting for those of you that are waiting for your new car.

This post applies to the US. I believe Canada and UK are currently rolling out TYD as well.

General observations:

My Porsche site has a 4 step process. Order Created. Production Scheduled. Production Completed. Done. TYD has 14 steps with TYD having more detailed steps. Expect the two to be in some cases out of sync.

TYD estimated dates are always on Fridays. Think of it as the nearest Friday to what will be eventually actual date.

Expect dates to shift regularly in either direction, forward or backwards.

Service unavailable - at times you may see this message. Service may in fact be unavailable but confirm by clicking again on the link you received via email.

Umbrella man - Typically appears when updates are being made but not always. In my case it appeared when dates were updated for scheduling production and actual start of production. Umbrella man may be around for hours or days.

When TYD advances from one phase to next, it will advance the phase but will still show ESTIMATED date. A process seems to run at night where it will actually update to ACTUAL and the correct date.

In TYD, click on everything, red dots, dates, information icons, there is info there.

Disclaimer: There are a lot of outliers to what is described in this post.

Step comments:

Order Created:

This is the date your order was created and will update every time you make changes. No need to worry if that happens, Make sure you look at the configuration and that it is still correct.

Change Freeze Point Reached:

This is the deadline to make changes to your configuration. Do not wait. Freeze dates are known to move up without notice, Always have a configuration you are willing to live with.
Time between this phase and previous phase can be anything. Depends on the date of your allocation

Scheduled for Production:

Date when your production start date is firmed up
Time between this phase and previous phase I have found to be approximately two weeks

Start Production:

Your car is being built.
Time between this phase and previous phase about a week,

Production Completed:

Your car has been built.
Time between this phase and previous phase used to be 3-4 days. Recently (in ’22) it has been a few weeks.

Ready for transport:

Your car is getting ready to head out to Emden via train.
This phase will usually occur the same day or next day as the previous phase.

In Transit to Emden:

On its way.
This phase should occur within a week of the previous phase.

Arrival to Emden:

Your car has arrived at Emden.
This phase is likely to occur within a day or two of the previous phase with delays due to weekends.

On Vessel:

Your car has been loaded. In this forum or on the other Porsche site you should be able to get a hold of a schedule. If you have identified a vessel you think you will be on and you see it depart, don’t panic. Updates to this phase usually occur the day or the day after the vessel actually departs.

Time between this phase and the previous phase is a big variable. As little as a few days to a month. It depends on whether you are going to East Coast, South or West Coast and I suspect prioritization of dealers. You really won’t know until you are on the vessel.

On the map that sits in the background, after a few days of being in this phase you will actually be able to see your vessel moving. I have confirmed this is based on actual data. If you click on the vessel, you can get speed / direction. You can also zoom in and out.

Vessel Entering Port Channel:

This phase is supposed to happen when the vessel is arriving at its destination. I have never seen this phase update on its own. It will usually update at the same time as the next phase.

Time between this phase and the previous phase. Depends on where you are headed. See comments in next phase.

Entry Port:

Your car has arrived to its destination port.

This phase and the 'Vessel Entering Port’ will usually happen at the same time. How long this phase takes depends on what port you are headed to. Davisville: ~12 days, Baltimore: ~13 days, Jacksonville: ~16 days, San Diego: ~27 days.

Vessel time is affected by weather and port traffic so dates above could be longer. Apparently vessels sometimes sink or encounter bad weather. Hold your breadth. For those of you that have been tracking your vessel on one of the many sites, expect your vessel to be cruising along only to stop right before it gets there. It is either waiting for a pilot, tug boats or a pier. It could be out there for a few hours or a few days.

Port Processing:

Your car is being processed at port. This may be as little as just going through paperwork but believe it or not parts are sometimes installed at port. You may sit in the phase for as little as a day or two or weeks.

Time between this phase and previous phase should be a few days.

En Route To Porsche Dealer:

Your car is on a truck or train.

Time between this phase and previous phase is a few days up to weeks. It will depend on what needs to be done at port and then wait for transportation. In some cases your car will make it to the dealer before this phase updates on TYD.

Arrival Porsche Dealer:

It’s here! But not so fast, dealer still needs to prep your car which can be as short as a day but may take longer if there is a hold on the car for parts or updates.

pnw-ev-nerd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 2.5, Ford Fiesta ST
Country flag
Is the TYD web page broken like this for anyone else? I'm not well versed in web design but it seems like some elements of the page aren't being rendered in the proper places, so I have to dig around in the source for milestone titles. And the map doesn't show up at all.

I'm trying to get Porsche to look into this but the support contact that's been replying to me doesn't seem to understand the problem.

I also get an error when the page first finishes loading, which differs depending on browser:
Firefox's error message: "window.google.maps.geometry is undefined"
Chromium's error message: "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading
'encoding')"

Screenshot from 2022-04-29 11-22-55.png

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X/3, McLaren 600LT
Country flag
Is the TYD web page broken like this for anyone else? I'm not well versed in web design but it seems like some elements of the page aren't being rendered in the proper places, so I have to dig around in the source for milestone titles. And the map doesn't show up at all.

I'm trying to get Porsche to look into this but the support contact that's been replying to me doesn't seem to understand the problem.

I also get an error when the page first finishes loading, which differs depending on browser:
Firefox's error message: "window.google.maps.geometry is undefined"
Chromium's error message: "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading
'encoding')"

Same here, but usually shows up fine on phone’s mobile site.

Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Tesla X, Tesla Y
Country flag
Port Processing:

Your car is being processed at port. This may be as little as just going through paperwork but believe it or not parts are sometimes installed at port. You may sit in the phase for as little as a day or two or weeks.

Time between this phase and previous phase should be a few days.
I would amend this to say "as little as a day or two to weeks or even months" .... as there are many, many CT's being held for missing parts/software for 2+ months: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...p-order-held-in-port-thread.10147/post-154289

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD (on order)
Is the TYD web page broken like this for anyone else?

That's come up a couple of times on my desktop computer when I use Microsoft Edge in InPrivate mode (same as Incognito mode on Chrome). I prevented it from appearing by accepting cookies as soon as the 'accept cookies' message appears. I hope this helps! (I always browse in incognito mode so cookies aren't saved which is why I'm always asked :rolleyes:)

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Turn your phone to vertical format. Landscape view is broken. Pretty rookie problem, but there you are.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming August?: Ice Grey 4S 2022
Country flag
What about if your order was created a month ago and you haven't gotten anything except UmbrellaMan?

In fact, I don't have a single date for anything.

This is the date your order was created and will update every time you make changes.
Odd because mine did not even update after I made a change.

Porsche is just behind on everything it seems.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
If you have umbrella man, try backing out to myporsche.com and re entering TYD.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I've only been doing that every day, 15-25 times per day, for a month. Maybe it's not enough. 😂

OP
OP

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Well I've only been doing that every day, 15-25 times per day, for a month. Maybe it's not enough. 😂
Unfortunately, hence my disclaimer:

Disclaimer: There are a lot of outliers to what is described in this post.

Call Porsche NA would be my suggestion

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea no worries. Just wondering if anyone here had a trick or two up their sleeves. I appreciate this post (it's excellent info) and your help!

pnw-ev-nerd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 2.5, Ford Fiesta ST
Country flag
That's come up a couple of times on my desktop computer when I use Microsoft Edge in InPrivate mode (same as Incognito mode on Chrome). I prevented it from appearing by accepting cookies as soon as the 'accept cookies' message appears. I hope this helps! (I always browse in incognito mode so cookies aren't saved which is why I'm always asked :rolleyes:)
I had tried most of this before without any luck, but now after using Chromium and setting it to be as insecure and wide open as possible, it finally works. Thank you! And curse Porsche's ABYSMAL software and web development. They really ought to be collectively ashamed of their dogshit software quality, it has no place in or around such finely __mechanically__ engineered things!

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's unfortunately even more broken!

Screenshot_20220502-132747.png
I know your problem because I had it. You must have rejected some cookies when you first logged into the website. You have to reset all cookies for my.porsche.com and it'll work.

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sadly there is also a significant disconnect from the main status page and the TYD page, with the main page sometimes being days behind on updates relative to TYD.

I’m also not sure what happened to the function where a photo of the car is saved. Mine was built weeks ago and is now hanging out at port like a refugee waiting to get on a boat to a warm home and a hot outlet without even a photo to identify the poor orphan without a current home.

Signature Wheel