75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Macan, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S locked on April 22 and delivery was scheduled for July 6. Production started on May 12 but stopped on May 19 for some unknown reason and the delivery date was extended to August 20. Yesterday, TYD updated again and the estimated production completion date moved to June 25 with a dealer arrival on September 3. Unfortunately, I have been unable to obtain any information about the cause of the delay from the dealer or [email protected] (CS wrote "Due to an unforeseen production delay affecting 2021 Taycan, the delivery of your 2021 Taycan 4S, has been delayed." The bottom line is that whatever stopped production on May 19 has not been resolved.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RecoveringGT3Addict

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
My 4S locked on April 22 and delivery was scheduled for July 6. Production started on May 12 but stopped on May 19 for some unknown reason and the delivery date was extended to August 20. Yesterday, TYD updated again and the estimated production completion date moved to June 25 with a dealer arrival on September 3. Unfortunately, I have been unable to obtain any information about the cause of the delay from the dealer or [email protected] (CS wrote "Due to an unforeseen production delay affecting 2021 Taycan, the delivery of your 2021 Taycan 4S, has been delayed." The bottom line is that whatever stopped production on May 19 has not been resolved.
This just brings up more questions: if we have the same production completion date, and you are in socal and I'm norcal, why do you have a delivery of Sept 3 and I have Aug 20.

Nothing is making sense. What is your "On Vessel" date? Mine is 7/23.

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This just brings up more questions: if we have the same production completion date, and you are in socal and I'm norcal, why do you have a delivery of Sept 3 and I have Aug 20.

Nothing is making sense. What is your "On Vessel" date? Mine is 7/23.

My current "On Vessel" is July 23 with entry to the Port of Benicia on August 20. Quite the mystery.

OP
OP
RecoveringGT3Addict

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The good news: my car just flipped to production.

The bad news: delivery slipped out by another week.

On balance, I'm pleased that we are making progress!

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag

Awesome! Mine just got scheduled finally. Eta 8/27. Checked out your spec and mine is similar but CT.(Pricewise) when does yours arrive?

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

That is good news. The TYD for my 4S is unchanged (the vehicle remains in production with a June 25 completion date). I hope these cars are shipped with the TPMS installed. Thank you for the update.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RecoveringGT3Addict

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car just jumped to "Ready for Transport" as of this morning. Getting closer... anyone else move status as well?

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car just jumped to "Ready for Transport" as of this morning. Getting closer... anyone else move status as well?
My 4S has been transported to Emden Port. It is scheduled to be "On Vessel" on July 16 and arrive at the Port of Benicia on August 13. The delivery date has been revised to August 27. Our vehicles will likely be on the same ship!

OP
OP
RecoveringGT3Addict

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 4S has been transported to Emden Port. It is scheduled to be "On Vessel" on July 16 and arrive at the Port of Benicia on August 13. The delivery date has been revised to August 27. Our vehicles will likely be on the same ship!
The dates keep shifting. My car was finished a day early, and is on the way to the port and should get there tomorrow. My delivery date was 8.20, then 8.27 and now back to 8.20. I can't keep up! But I don't think it will be 8.20 because the chances of it getting to port on and all the way up to bay area on the same day is basically zero. But my 'on vessel' date did move up to 7.16. So yeah, entirely possible they'll be on the same ship. :)

TayJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla MS, Taycan 4S (ETA 7/30) Range Rover
Country flag
My 4S is to be ”on vessel” on July 16 then at the port of San Diego on August 13

75Chainslipr

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 4S is to be ”on vessel” on July 16 then at the port of San Diego on August 13
I can't understand why my 4S was changed from San Diego to Benicia. My delivery location is OC.

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
My 4S arrived at Emden today. Waiting for a ship now. TYD currently says July 23 on ship and 8/27 at dealer. Hopeful my car will catch an earlier boat to US West.

TayJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla MS, Taycan 4S (ETA 7/30) Range Rover
Country flag
My TYD updated today and my 4S will be on vessel (Antares Leader) on 7/2 and in San Diego on 7/30. The ship is arriving at Emden 6/29 5:00 AM PST.
Sponsored