Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got the below email. Does that mean that Taycan is now part of the "Track Your Dream" app/process like the 992 911's?

Dear Mr. Melen,

Congratulations on the order of your new all-electric Taycan. We would like to invite you to be a part of our exclusive service, where you can track your vehicle's journey from our Stuttgart Zuffenhausen factory in Germany to your authorized Porsche dealership.

Below you will find a link to your personal Porsche Track Your Dream feature giving you unprecedented access to the ordering, production, and delivery processes as they happen. This provides you the opportunity to track the evolution of your dream Porsche vehicle. Therefore, we kindly ask you to register for a Porsche ID via the My Porsche portal.

Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream tracking service email received for my Taycan Untitled
Sponsored

Last edited:

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I got the email as well. It also tells you the lock date which is helpful

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tracked my dream all through 2019 and into 2020 un til the car finally showed up in July of '20.

My process was to call the dealer every week for a year and a half. Their response never varied. "We don't know."

As with all of you, the wait was worth it.

Taycan 2 copy.jpg
Lol! Having ordered a couple of Porsche's before and having bugged the SA weekly - this online tracking they rolled out is VERY helpful. It's been limited to the 992 911 the last year and even though they said they'd roll it out for the Taycan, I think COVID delayed everything. For the 911's, they show you a picture of your car in production (although I heard they recently paused that feature) - it would be cool if we get that for the Taycan as well.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I also got an email from Porsche warning me of my lock date (which was actually different from what my SA had told me - it was earlier).

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I also got an email from Porsche warning me of my lock date (which was actually different from what my SA had told me - it was earlier).
I haven't gotten an email and was wondering if not having your commission number tied to your email is the reason. I have a my.porsche account as we have a 2021 Cayenne GTS and wonder why I am not getting updates as I went V250 on 12/23 under the actual column. Thoughts?

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven't gotten an email and was wondering if not having your commission number tied to your email is the reason. I have a my.porsche account as we have a 2021 Cayenne GTS and wonder why I am not getting updates as I went V250 on 12/23 under the actual column. Thoughts?
This JUST rolled out, so if your order was before the roll out, it's possible you're not included in it unfortunately. From eye-balling it, I don't think those with orders placed before mid-December have been added to the program yet.

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
Unfortunately, this isn't in the UK for the Taycan. :(

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Just for fun, comparing the proposed tracking app here at this forum with the actual one. The latter one seems a bit better:)
Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream tracking service email received for my Taycan -improve-customer-experience-at-porsche-lowres-

I think we all have to thank the members on this forum, who posted their views and not forget, sent the proposal to their Porsche contacts:clap:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Unfortunately, this isn't in the UK for the Taycan. :(
Or Canada. I got an email but it doesn’t give much detail. Perhaps I will get more when it enters production??

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This JUST rolled out, so if your order was before the roll out, it's possible you're not included in it unfortunately. From eye-balling it, I don't think those with orders placed before mid-December have been added to the program yet.
My order locked in late November and I got the Track My Dream email yesterday.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread.

How long from order till you received the Track Your Dream email? Does it come from the dealer or Porsche? My purchase (dealer allocation take over) was on 6/25/2021 and still no email. Salesman said he "check with Porsche direct" and it should be coming in a few days.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread.

How long from order till you received the Track Your Dream email? Does it come from the dealer or Porsche? My purchase (dealer allocation take over) was on 6/25/2021 and still no email. Salesman said he "check with Porsche direct" and it should be coming in a few days.
Two weeks after the dealer placed the order, in my case. it comes from porsche. I called PCNA and they told me to wait when i called few days after the order was placed.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Two weeks after the dealer placed the order, in my case. it comes from porsche. I called PCNA and they told me to wait when i called few days after the order was placed.
Thanks. Guess I am just impatient. I see all these builds from April and May being delayed; I was just hoping to see that my car had hit production since it was actually a dealer build that they let me assume.
Sponsored