Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just came back from a Porsche Experience event at the Silesia Ring, in Kamień Śląski, Poland, driving and testing the new electric 2025 Taycan and Macan, along with varieties of the 911, 718 Boxter/Cayman, Panamera and Cayenne. Generally, it was a fantastic experience!

I put together a quick video with some shots from the day on how the event looked like… maybe not the most exciting video ever but I’m an amateur so please forgive me.

Regarding the track, it offers 7 different configurations, with the main circuit spanning 3.6 kilometers. The track width is at least 12 meters, and the longest straightaway extends 730 meters.

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_7484

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_7329

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_7331

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_9235

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Nice video, the 718’s look ancient next to the new Taycan and Macan. And the design of the Taycan is really growing on me. It is a sexy car! Not sure what to think yet about the turbonite emblems. Looks like a normal black/white emblem.

Maybe I’m seeing it wrong? But doesn’t the CT have a black spoiler anymore? (The gentian blue one)

Reactions: 007

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Maybe I’m seeing it wrong? But doesn’t the CT have a black spoiler anymore? (The gentian blue one)
It doesn't have wheel arch trims either- is it not an ST?
<note to self- must clean laptop screen more often>

Last edited:

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Nice video, the 718’s look ancient next to the new Taycan and Macan. And the design of the Taycan is really growing on me. It is a sexy car! Not sure what to think yet about the turbonite emblems. Looks like a normal black/white emblem.
I agree… the 718s look old. Although there was a beautiful Spyder RS parked out that I wouldn’t mind owning.

I personally don’t like the Turbonite emblems, especially on the steering wheel, nor do I
I like the accents (seat belts, trim)… but maybe on some exterior/interior colors it’s not so bad.

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_9219

Last edited:
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Oh, and in the garage, one of the new Taycans had a cracked rear window… I remember some of us had issues with it, cracking by itself. Might be something that wasn’t fixed in this new refresh.

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_9232

Porsche Taycan Tracking the 2025 Taycan at Silesia Ring Track (Porsche Experience Center Event) IMG_9231

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks for the informative report and video, looks great fun and sounds like you packed a lot in.
Did you experience Active Ride on a Taycan? That clip of the Panny demoing it just looks like a sad old low-rider 😁.
Prices for a full day at Silverstone (PEC and the International Circuit) are similar, depending on choice of model and variant (which is used throughout the day). Having done it in the Taycan 3 times, I've booked a GT3 RS for my next session- even if I could afford to own one I'd have nowhere to keep it, and around town it's too showy and loud for my tastes, but hiring one now and again for fun on track (with a Porsche driving consultant/racing instructor to keep me and the car safe), really appeals to me.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Did you experience Active Ride on a Taycan? That clip of the Panny demoing it just looks like a sad old low-rider 😁.
Unfortunately not… no Active Ride fitted on any of the Taycan/Panamera cars that they let us drive.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
5:50-6:05 is the best part of that video. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
any impressions on the Macan?
I like it. We had the opportunity to be passengers in the slalom and it handles incredibly well for a suv (rear wheel steering equipped). It drove nice on the track, somewhat similar to the Taycan just slightly less sporty, perched up higher. Instant power as expected. I like the new looks, inside and out. Sunroof opens which is a plus. Shorter than the Taycan so it’s a better in-town car.

Can’t really say I saw anything I didn’t really like, maybe except for the rear fake bumper vents. Not sure about the new ambient light strips across the dash and inside doors… maybe just a little too much for my taste.

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24, GLE 300D / Macan4 on order
Country flag
Were you in the 4 or Turbo?

I am not considering the switch from the taycan, but I could go all in and swap my wife GLE for one of these

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Were you in the 4 or Turbo?

I am not considering the switch from the taycan, but I could go all in and swap my wife GLE for one of these
Only had the opportunity to drive/ride in the turbo
Sponsored