jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
Anyone try and trade in a Taycan or Cross Turismo lately?

Wondering what kind of numbers people are getting back.

Thanks!
Sponsored

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
There are many online services that offer you instant cash offers by entering your VIN / basic info about the car. Give those a shot.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
If the online services in the U.S. are any indication folks are having to reduce the original asking prices on used Taycans in order to attract buyers.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If the online services in the U.S. are any indication folks are having to reduce the original asking prices on used Taycans in order to attract buyers.
Really? I can’t get any of the online services to give me a number because it’s too new / not enough data.

I’m hearing new ones are over sticker, and when I visited Los Gatos I had a random stranger offer to buy it off me…

JamesDD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
MSRP on my 2021 CT was $94k when I bought it in August 21. Five weeks ago I sold it to a dealer within hours of advertising for $105k then saw it re-
advertised for $115k.

With the scarcity of CT’s I don’t imagine prices are down much but may be wrong.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Really? I can’t get any of the online services to give me a number because it’s too new / not enough data.

I’m hearing new ones are over sticker, and when I visited Los Gatos I had a random stranger offer to buy it off me…
Just for fun I checked with Carvana. For a 1000 mile 2022 CT they offered $81k or about $40k below MSRP. Either they don’t want them or they thought I was crazy. On the normal car sites looks like prices are MSRP to $10k or more over.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag

You would need to request manual appraisal via text for Carvana. Mine was manually appraised at $88,000.00 not long ago, recently manually appraised at $84,000.00.

Well-equipped 2021 with 14,278 miles, original MSRP was $104,390.00

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just for fun I checked with Carvana. For a 1000 mile 2022 CT they offered $81k or about $40k below MSRP. Either they don’t want them or they thought I was crazy. On the normal car sites looks like prices are MSRP to $10k or more over.
It's crazy they offered $3k less than my higher mileage base Taycan!

Farinas

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Range Rover Velar, 17 Audi A6, 22 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just picked up my car from the software update. Talked to the Dealership manager, while waiting. Said on his Zoom call on Friday, New 4S in Cali are going for 30-40K over. Told him if he can find a buyer that will pay that premium for a gently used one from Indiana, I'd happily go on the waitlist again.

Crickets. Think he was trying to stroke my ego.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just picked up my car from the software update. Talked to the Dealership manager, while waiting. Said on his Zoom call on Friday, New 4S in Cali are going for 30-40K over. Told him if he can find a buyer that will pay that premium for a gently used one from Indiana, I'd happily go on the waitlist again.

Crickets. Think he was trying to stroke my ego.
Possibly, though I have had buyers from California asking me to ship to them for both my Taycan and Polestar 2. None of them were offering "over" asking prices.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I regularly check the Carvana offer values of all my vehicles just in case their offer is too good to refuse. I had to text for manual appraisal and asked if they sell most of the high-dollar vehicles and I was told they probably will go to auction.

I recently sold an old, high-mileage SUV and asked the pick-up person from Carvana and they said it will probably go straight to auction.

I did also recently search Carvana and see the attached ad for a lower mileage, lower spec base Taycan then mine selling for $103,990 or $19,990 more than Carvana offered for my 2021 base Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Trade-in values? $103,990 Carvana 10SEP22 2021 Tayca

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
The online companies and car max etc are aweful for Porsche values.

Their pricing offers are based on algorithms that need (1) volume and (2) consistency. So they are great for most mass market cars (Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford), but they suck for Porsches due to lack of volume and, equally as important, the fact that options on Porsches are so varied and can double the price of the car. The only Porsches that likely fare well are the base, low option models of the higher volume models, which will benefit from the generic values generated based on higher-optioned models.

private sales and, depending on model, dealer trade in are better for getting higher numbers for low volume or highly optioned models (yeah, I know that you never fully get your money out options, but it can make a vehicle more desirable on the used market).

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I received this today, I think it is a bit aggressive on their part.

I noticed you were coming in for service this week and I wanted to reach out to you before you came in. As the Service Liaison for Porsche Jacksonville, I periodically review our client accounts to keep them up to date, we want to help you maintain your vehicle as best as possible. I'm also searching for quality pre-owned vehicles that I can purchase and add to our inventory. If you've been considering trading in or even selling your Taycan, I think this would be a great opportunity for you. Right now, pre-owned vehicles are worth more than they were in the past and your Taycan might be, too. I'd be happy to do an appraisal of your vehicle while it's here for service, no extra work on your part. I took the time to find you a few vehicles you might be interested in, let me know if I can send you more information about anything in particular. Feel free to call or email me with any questions, I'm always happy to help. Thank you for choosing Porsche of Jacksonville, I look forward to working with you.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag

Glad to read this ... the cars I'm seeing advertised are in the $160K-$180K range such as 2020 Turbos. The fact the price is 'reduced' doesn't mean much in the abstract; maybe the sellers were asking a premium?

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received this today, I think it is a bit aggressive on their part.

I noticed you were coming in for service this week and I wanted to reach out to you before you came in. As the Service Liaison for Porsche Jacksonville, I periodically review our client accounts to keep them up to date, we want to help you maintain your vehicle as best as possible. I'm also searching for quality pre-owned vehicles that I can purchase and add to our inventory. If you've been considering trading in or even selling your Taycan, I think this would be a great opportunity for you. Right now, pre-owned vehicles are worth more than they were in the past and your Taycan might be, too. I'd be happy to do an appraisal of your vehicle while it's here for service, no extra work on your part. I took the time to find you a few vehicles you might be interested in, let me know if I can send you more information about anything in particular. Feel free to call or email me with any questions, I'm always happy to help. Thank you for choosing Porsche of Jacksonville, I look forward to working with you.
Same gross tactics non-premium dealerships use.
Sponsored