First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Am I crazy?
Personal choice, IMO. I’m a fan of having an “adult car”, some may call it a daily driver, and a fun vehicle. I had a Jeep Wrangler that hadn’t had it doors or top on in 4+ years but had to sell it to make my Taycan payments palatable. It was great having it along with my MEric daily driver. If it were me, I’d hang on to the Taycan and pay it off if there’s a loan and then add a fun car like the Vette.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Rent a C8 and see if you can live with it for a few days. They are typical GM inside, regardless of how quick they are.

Reactions: B61

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
You can buy 2 c8’s
IMHO - it’s lacks finesse. It’s sort of the ugly bastard child from a fling between Ferrari & Toyota, that needs to hide in the attic when visitors come. It’s a 60k$ wannabee car.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
IMO it looks fantastic, has an engine that you’re not gonna be able to get hold of at some point and has a decent interior too. Massive contrast with the Taycan but it will be an amazing experience. Spec/colour?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Ask your healthcare professional

• Haha
Reactions: B61

DrMitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Do you daily the Taycan? I know you CAN daily the vette - but the couple of people I know who intended on doing that found it wasn't a comfortable daily driver and kept it as a weekend car. One sold his and bought a Cayman, the other still has it tucked away and puts a few hundred km a year on it. To each their own. I drive the Taycan every chance I get!

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My son has a 2019 Z06. We've driven each other cars. The Corvette is very quick and is fun to drive but much less comfortable than the Taycan. My son liked my Taycan 4S, but he is more into ICE cars at the moment. He would like a Porsche GT4 RS at some point.

The Z06 starts at around $106k and can easily approach $150-$180k with options. The dealer markups on them are insane so easily in the same price range as the Taycan.

While my son's Z06 was a lot of fun to drive it is much less predictable on twisty roads than my Taycan and nowhere near as comfortable.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Haha….perhaps there are some on these replies that need a Therapist to temper their anger and misery :)
In general, I think the "make up my mind for me" type of posts never go down well; some will consider it to be trolling, some will take it seriously and convince you why _their_ take is the right one, but no one will really have the full insight into your complete circumstances: why, how, restrictions/requirements etc. This was clearly more tongue-in-cheek than others*, and so you got in-kind responses. ;-)

*Imagine asking a bunch of anonymous strangers whether you should get the station wagon or the sedan, or whether you should finance, lease or pay cash outright. Mental.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apple-orange comparison for sure. Really depends on your use case and which car speaks to you more.

I’ve not been a fan of the look of the new Vette, but I love the look of the ERay they just disclosed. The wider hips, color matched side pods, more aggressive splitter and (finally) a good looking wheel set. Very sharp. That’s what the base vette should have looked like from the start. The interior though…

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Like other said, it really seems like Apples and Oranges. If you're life circumstances are such that you can daily drive a vette (or any 2 seat sports car) without having another practical car, then sure, go for it.
Sponsored