Trading a car in Canada

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Hi forum members!

This isnt totally about a my taycan but I recently traded in my BMW X3 for a new Lexus for my wife. The dealer told us they recieved a bid on this dealer auction on our car and the trade in value came in a lot lower than we expected. I happen to be looking at the dealer's website and noticed my old BMW is for sale on their site for about how much I thought it was worth. I guess my question is, can a dealer tell me they sold it on this auction but instead keep it themselves and sell it for much more? It feels a bit disingenuous
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The price they’re asking is retail. What you get in trade is wholesale. You should not have expected to get what they are selling it for.

As regards your question, yes totally normal for them to price your trade using auction values and then decide to keep the car to sell.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
The price they’re asking is retail. What you get in trade is wholesale. You should not have expected to get what they are selling it for.

As regards your question, yes totally normal for them to price your trade using auction values and then decide to keep the car to sell.
Thanks! Still feels annoying but hey, my wife is happy with her Lexus ☺
Sponsored