Traffic Sign Recognition Hangs

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Are others seeing this problem. I had previously described with as my currently remaining problem after Motor Control Error fix. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/motor-control-error-fix-2021.5336/

This has occurred many times: the speed sign indicator freezes on a value and will not update. Resets itself with a restart of car. I have it set to indicate over speed situation (red boarder when I am above limit). That will also freeze. I may be going 25 in a 25 zone but speed sign shows 65 with a red boarder, for example.

This is close to a safety issue but haven't reported to NHTSA. Dealer noted they could not duplicate the concern and did nothing other than hoping that the latest fix would address. On the drive home from dealer it froze.

Have you had this problem or is it unique to my car? (Still love it; there are other minor issues but this is the only one I am concerned about at this time assuming the Motor Control Error fix works)
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have seen this a couple of times, but I have noticed it only happens if I go through a car wash and leave the car on. So something gets confused and a simple on/off resolves it. I have never seen it without this. So if you want to recreate try going through a touchless carwash and leave the car on.

To me this is not a safety issue, because traffic sign recognition is a driving aid, not a safety system. I think we should really not equate all minor bugs in the car with major issues.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I have seen this a couple of times, but I have noticed it only happens if I go through a car wash and leave the car on. So something gets confused and a simple on/off resolves it. I have never seen it without this. So if you want to recreate try going through a touchless carwash and leave the car on.

To me this is not a safety issue, because traffic sign recognition is a driving aid, not a safety system. I think we should really not equate all minor bugs in the car with major issues.
You put a Porsche through a car wash?!

Get him, boys.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
You put a Porsche through a car wash?!

Get him, boys.
Have Mercy! Its a touchless one and I don’t use the extra chemicals!

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Are others seeing this problem. I had previously described with as my currently remaining problem after Motor Control Error fix. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/motor-control-error-fix-2021.5336/

This has occurred many times: the speed sign indicator freezes on a value and will not update. Resets itself with a restart of car. I have it set to indicate over speed situation (red boarder when I am above limit). That will also freeze. I may be going 25 in a 25 zone but speed sign shows 65 with a red boarder, for example.

This is close to a safety issue but haven't reported to NHTSA. Dealer noted they could not duplicate the concern and did nothing other than hoping that the latest fix would address. On the drive home from dealer it froze.

Have you had this problem or is it unique to my car? (Still love it; there are other minor issues but this is the only one I am concerned about at this time assuming the Motor Control Error fix works)
This has happened to me once - or at least that I am aware of. It happened when I was driving the car in the rain. An error message popped up on the right hand circle telling me to clean the cameras. The speed sign indicator stayed frozen until I got home. Following day I started the car and all was well.

OP
OP

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
This has happened to me once - or at least that I am aware of. It happened when I was driving the car in the rain. An error message popped up on the right hand circle telling me to clean the cameras. The speed sign indicator stayed frozen until I got home. Following day I started the car and all was well.
It has happened to me quite a few times not associated with rain or (gasp) car wash. I find it surprising that a problem with the sensor causes the display to hang. Very curious.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Have Mercy! Its a touchless one and I don’t use the extra chemicals!
LOL. I've used touchless for road salt or desperation. The water is recycled so not to "Griots" standards, but I've never had a problem.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
My new car has been doing this a few times too. Coincidentally, it’s been rainy all week, so maybe it’s related to water? See the pic below - I am sitting at a stop light in a 45mph zone. Clearly I am not exceeding 60 mph, but I have the red outline.

Porsche Taycan Traffic Sign Recognition Hangs 5968B24B-223F-4FCE-8AAD-1E35149F81F5
Sponsored