andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Anyone else had an error - Transmission failure, Park vehicle safeley?

Just waiting on call from dealer.
Sponsored

MT-1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo x 2
Country flag
I also had this problem, then parked the car and started it again. Then the problem was gone.

OP
OP

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Tried all sorts for half an hour porsche assistance (the AA) came out and after the initial "ive never seen one of these how do I start it"! It just worked as normal. So none the wiser but its ok at the moment.

I also had this problem, then parked the car and started it again. Then the problem was gone.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Anyone else had an error - Transmission failure, Park vehicle safeley?

Just waiting on call from dealer.
Yes, I have had it twice. Nothing really happened so I continued driving. Also the dealer could not see any fault codes so my conclusion is that it is a software glitch.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
This happened to me today. Red "transmission failure" error appeared very shortly after starting the vehicle but before I put it in gear. It disappeared automatically after about 5 seconds. In addition, "Driver Assistance" (InnoDrive, Active Lane Keep) was disabled. I drove to my destination. When I restarted the vehicle, everything worked, no errors.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
happened to me today. Anyone chased this to conclusion or are we all continuing to use hope as a strategy? I have a 1,000 mile trip next week and hope is my strategy on this one till I come back unless someone knows whats up - anyone?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Bump of an old thread....

I had this for the first time today.

Switched it off then on and it dissapeared and drove normally.

Its going on for the uPdate in 2 days, so hopefully that will sort it out.

drewbam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here we go again. Today I got "Brake force distribution error," "Transmission failure" and "Parking brake not available" all at the same time. No amount of power cycling resolved the issues, so I had the car towed to the dealer. The scary thing about this scenario is that I was parked on a hill and the transmission refused to shift to Park, so I had to curb the front tires to prevent the car from rolling down the hill while I waited for the tow truck. All the while, the 2 year old is screaming in the back seat...

Not sure I am comfortable with a car that has no manual affordance for a parking brake. The other not so funny discovery is that the towing eye is in the frunk, but the frunk won't open unless the car is in park. Hard to explain to the tow truck driver that your fancy Porsche has no parking brake and won't allow you to open the trunk.

db
Sponsored