Tried to move car before I unplugged it from the PMCC !

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Tried to put in reverse but it wouldn’t. Then after my second attempt, I got an error message saying I had to unplug from the charger before moving the car ! Fortunately this worked as designed, or else I might have ripped the PMCC from the wall and falling upon the car ! Anybody else had this happen ? Obviously I was distracted and in a hurry and forgot to unplug. Almost 15,000 kms. on the clock and eight months into ownership now, it is embarrassing.
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tried to put in reverse but it wouldn’t. Then after my second attempt, I got an error message saying I had to unplug from the charger before moving the car ! Fortunately this worked as designed, or else I might have ripped the PMCC from the wall and falling upon the car ! Anybody else had this happen ? Obviously I was distracted and in a hurry and forgot to unplug. Almost 15,000 kms. on the clock and eight months into ownership now, it is embarrassing.

I have tried that (as a controlled experiment). Once you put the car into D or R, besides the error, it also stops the charging session. But of course you still have to get out of the car and unplug the cable.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I have tried that (as a controlled experiment). Once you put the car into D or R, besides the error, it also stops the charging session. But of course you still have to get out of the car and unplug the cable.
Mine had finished charging.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Listen this has been (thankfully) in every EV I have owned. Its a great thing knowing we will all at one point just try to drive away....

It has saved me many many times.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Yup. Every EV I’ve had (since 2012). It’s an easy safety feature. However, it makes “can I tow a trailer with a diesel generator to charge me as I drive?” an impossibility.
Sponsored