Trip Antwerp to Sankt-Anton : Ionity works perfectly !

Hans V.

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i8 (‘15), Tesla S 75D (‘17), Taycan 4 CT (‘23)
Country flag
Hey all,

I received my long awaited Taycan 4 CT on March 8th (delivery took 11 months, Porsche dealer Antwerp) and last saterday, April 8th, we drove it 890 km from Antwerp (Belgium) to Sankt-Anton(Austria), travelling through Germany, for a ski holiday.

Having received my Porsche charging card with the low Ionity fares (0,33 €/kWh, no fees per minute), I made it my goal to only use Ionity chargers on this trip. Porsche navigation did not help, but that didn’t stop me.

I charged at Ionity : Aacherland Süd, Nahetal, Wunnenstein West and Illertissen. No waiting times, not a single problem and charging rates between 150 and 260 kW. The interval between chargers was from 170 to 200 km. In the de restricted zones I drove 185-190 km/h. On the whole trip I averaged 110 km/h.

Driving the Taycan was a joy ! Ionity was perfect and made this trip a relaxing experience.

Greetings from the Alp mountains !

Hans
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Yep, pretty much my IONITY experience too. Just build more and more of them.

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
Yes..... Hans... that`s right!

I live in Aachen, and often I drive this route to the south. I know all these Ionity-stations. Normally there are free loading columns. Not every station is a lovely place.....
(And you are right: Porsche Navigation did not help....)

But you will see: If you drive in summer (this year?), then there will be big problems with this availability - increasing numbers of EV`s will be on the road..... there will be stress....

The speed, in which Ionity is expanding its network here in Germany, is fully unefficient.....

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes..... Hans... that`s right!

I live in Aachen, and often I drive this route to the south. I know all these Ionity-stations. Normally there are free loading columns. Not every station is a lovely place.....
(And you are right: Porsche Navigation did not help....)

But you will see: If you drive in summer (this year?), then there will be big problems with this availability - increasing numbers of EV`s will be on the road..... there will be stress....

The speed, in which Ionity is expanding its network here in Germany, is fully unefficient.....
You should try to drive in the U.K. at this time of the year. Ionity are quite occupied and a lot of chargers are out of order. And there are not many of them either.

Germany have a lot of other charging networks that can be a back up, but the U.K. is like a desert!

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Hey all,

I received my long awaited Taycan 4 CT on March 8th (delivery took 11 months, Porsche dealer Antwerp) and last saterday, April 8th, we drove it 890 km from Antwerp (Belgium) to Sankt-Anton(Austria), travelling through Germany, for a ski holiday.

Having received my Porsche charging card with the low Ionity fares (0,33 €/kWh, no fees per minute), I made it my goal to only use Ionity chargers on this trip. Porsche navigation did not help, but that didn’t stop me.

I charged at Ionity : Aacherland Süd, Nahetal, Wunnenstein West and Illertissen. No waiting times, not a single problem and charging rates between 150 and 260 kW. The interval between chargers was from 170 to 200 km. In the de restricted zones I drove 185-190 km/h. On the whole trip I averaged 110 km/h.

Driving the Taycan was a joy ! Ionity was perfect and made this trip a relaxing experience.

Greetings from the Alp mountains !

Hans
sounds like you’ve had a good start to ownership👍.

more importantly, how was the skiing?

OP
OP
Hans V.

Hans V.

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i8 (‘15), Tesla S 75D (‘17), Taycan 4 CT (‘23)
Country flag
skiing was not perfect ...

A lof of fog and heavy snowing made visibility a big problem with some unpleasant falls as a result.

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Ouch!

fog + skiing = don’t, and just go drinking instead 🍻👍

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Hans, you broke rule #1 of posting a road trip thread. You have to post pictures!

We want to see pictures of the car in the mountains!

Cheers
Sponsored