First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey good people of the Taycan forum,

I literally just arrived home from an about 600km roundtrip.
My excitement is so strong that I had to sit down and write this quick and dirty report of my trip.
This is no detailed post with diagrams or anything, just a regular dude's first long trip with his Taycan.

The journey from Zürich to Stuttgart had no special events since my 85% charge offered a no-charging trip to the destination.

The journey back however was exciting - to me at least.
Started with around 50% 30mins north-west of Stuttgart. Drove the first 15mins on normal mode like a human being.
Then as soon as roads opened and I hit the autobahn, it was full power - as long as the law allowed.
200-240km/h , sometimes hitting the 260 limiter. Even in slight curves at 230km/h it felt like my little sister could do it.
The car feels like it's on rails. Unbelievable.

After about 100km I stopped at a gas station that had Ionity chargers. Big empty space with huge parking spots for each Ionity charger.
I arrived at 17-18% charge with a nicely heated battery. Plugged it in and the station immediately recognized the Taycan and started charging after a few seconds.
Note that this was my very first time charging at Ionity. So they plug&charge they implemented worked right away with no additional setup. Awesome!

It didn't even take more than 10 seconds to reach 260kW charging speed. Unbelievable.
After exactly 20mins I was at 82%.

Driving home was super easy. Used Innodrive almost the whole way at 140km/h. Worked I'd say 90% of the time perfectly.
One time it was crossing the middle line on the road. I just used the break once and activated it again - went back to holding the lane correctly.

I added some non-spectacular pics.

Wish you guys a happy easter.

Cheers!

Porsche Taycan Trip report from Stuttgart Germany to Zürich Switzerland taycan4

Porsche Taycan Trip report from Stuttgart Germany to Zürich Switzerland taycan3

Porsche Taycan Trip report from Stuttgart Germany to Zürich Switzerland taycan2

Porsche Taycan Trip report from Stuttgart Germany to Zürich Switzerland taycan1

Last edited:

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Nice to read!!! And yes the Autobahn to/from Stuttgart, when empty, really is a great place to go for top speed!!!!!!!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds like a total blast! I wish we could open up the car like that to 250kph here in the States. Sadly, it's a double-whammy ticket from the cops. ??

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag

My excitement is so strong that I had to sit down and write this quick and dirty report of my trip.
This is no detailed post with diagrams or anything, just a regular dude's first long trip with his Taycan.

They journey from Zürich to Stuttgart had no special events since my 85% charge offered a no-charging trip to the destination.

Started with around 50% 30mins north-west of Stuttgart. Drove the first 15mins on normal mode like a human being.
Then as soon as roads opened and I hit the autobahn, it was full power - as long as the law allowed.
200-240km/h , sometimes hitting the 260 limiter. Even in slight curves at 230km/h it felt like my little sister could do it.

After about 100km I stopped at a gas station that had Ionity chargers. Big empty space with huge parking spots for each Ionity charger.
I arrived at 17-18% charge with a nicely heated battery. Plugged it in and the station immediately recognized the Taycan and started charging after a few seconds.
Note that this was my very first time charging at Ionity. So they plug&charge they implemented worked right away with no additional setup. Awesome!

It didn't even take more than 10 seconds to reach 260kW charging speed. Unbelievable.

Driving home was super easy. Used Innodrive almost the whole way at 140km/h. Worked I'd say 90% of the time perfectly.
One time it was crossing the middle line on the road. I just used the break once and activated it again - went back to holding the lane correctly.

Cheers!

taycan4.jpeg

taycan3.jpeg

taycan2.jpeg

taycan1.jpeg

They journey from Zürich to Stuttgart had no special events since my 85% charge offered a no-charging trip to the destination.

Cheers!

taycan4.jpeg

taycan3.jpeg

taycan2.jpeg

taycan1.jpeg
Fantastic! thanks for sharing. Would you mind me sharing this on the UK FB Taycan group?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Great post, and congratulations for winding it out on the Autobahn. I can honestly say that this is the first car I've ever had where I really want to let it go for a long period of time. I could easily see running at 140mph+ for extended periods. I call it my 'land jet'. It's high speed stability and poise are just unbelievable. Unfortunately, nowhere here in the states to run - maybe Wyoming??? I'm jealous...:rock::clap:

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Great post, and congratulations for winding it out on the Autobahn. I can honestly say that this is the first car I've ever had where I really want to let it go for a long period of time. I could easily see running at 140mph+ for extended periods. I call it my 'land jet'. It's high speed stability and poise are just unbelievable. Unfortunately, nowhere here in the states to run - maybe Wyoming??? I'm jealous...:rock::clap:

Wyoming? Not gonna happen. There are exactly 2 CCS chargers in the ENTIRE state. Montana is only slightly better with 5 CCS chargers in the ENTIRE state. So, you won't make it very far if you are trying to enjoy all that wide open space. Guess we will have to live vicariously through our German friends.

OP
OP
kreshi

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I honestly was expecting the car to give me some kind of warning sign after a while or lose some of its power, but nothing like that happened. I even tested how much you feel the acceleration at 180kph - it still pushes you into your seat at that speed. I am just amazed by the car.

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag

The journey from Zürich to Stuttgart had no special events since my 85% charge offered a no-charging trip to the destination.

Cheers!

taycan4.jpeg

taycan3.jpeg

taycan2.jpeg

taycan1.jpeg
Hi @kreshi
Had a similar ride from Stuttgart to somewhere near Lindau (seen from the US, this is close to the Swiss border, somehow).
Wanted to report back on that - and saw your excellent contribution.
Could not have it written any better.
Adding on top: If the Autobahn is free, it's next to impossible to keep the car at 200 km/h. It's just about like holding back a young horse with force. It well wants more.
And to no surprise, when driving far above 200 km/h for an extended time, the battery is bleeding like crazy and range is shrinking like ice in the sunshine. But worth any minute lost in high performance charging.