Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites - TheDriven

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stated as working with 2021 Taycans but I am still hopeful that the functionality will be backward fit in 2020 vehicles as it was in the works for so long. Article says coming to Electrify America Tritium stations soon too; however EA uses 4 different station vendors so not sure how many this would even effect. Only the 175kW stations are stated.

Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites
TheDriven
https://thedriven.io/2020/08/25/tritium-plug-charge-tech-operational-at-all-ionity-charging-sites/
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Today I configured the Charging NA app. One of the choices was to enable Plug & Charge which I enabled. I have yet to try the high speed charger as I've been charging at home.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Today I configured the Charging NA app. One of the choices was to enable Plug & Charge which I enabled. I have yet to try the high speed charger as I've been charging at home.
Can you tell us?

- IOS or Android?

- What version of the App?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you tell us?

- IOS or Android?

- What version of the App?
I just noticed it is in settings in my IOS app. 1.0.75(586)

I used an EA charger 2 days ago, and didn't notice a difference, but I don't know if the app was updated since then. I will try charging this weekend to see if it acts differently

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just noticed it is in settings in my IOS app. 1.0.75(586)

I used an EA charger 2 days ago, and didn't notice a difference, but I don't know if the app was updated since then. I will try charging this weekend to see if it acts differently
There is a known bug in the latest Charging NA app which will prevent it from actually presenting 350KW terminals to be activated. If the "Plug and Charge" works, it could mitigate the issue!

Please let us know if it works for you!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is a known bug in the latest Charging NA app which will prevent it from actually presenting 350KW terminals to be activated. If the "Plug and Charge" works, it could mitigate the issue!

Please let us know if it works for you!
The chargers I use lately are not along the highways (which seem to be where most of the 350's are) - these are all 150s. But I will see if any in the area since I am curious too and planning a long trip in the next couple of weeks.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The chargers I use lately are not along the highways (which seem to be where most of the 350's are) - these are all 150s. But I will see if any in the area since I am curious too and planning a long trip in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think you need to test a 350KW. I would be curious just to see if the "autoconnect" feature works at any charger on the EA Network...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you guys talking about &Charge? That's a loyalty/rewards program and not Plug & Charge capability. It was just rolled out this week, I don't know what the actual point of it is.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you guys talking about &Charge? That's a loyalty/rewards program and not Plug & Charge capability.
I have no idea of what we are talking about (as usual). :)

I have not seen the option that @r553 mentioned seeing (to "Enable Plug & Charge ")... That is why I specifically asked what O/S and version he was running...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
iOS version of the app - I would be surprised if this app "knew" if the car supported it - rather this "enable" this feature _IF_ it could work type of thing - I do not believe this is indicative as to your vehicles capabilities.

Porsche Taycan Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites - TheDriven IMG_64A8279AF7DB-1
Porsche Taycan Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites - TheDriven IMG_DBEF304625DC-1
Porsche Taycan Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites - TheDriven IMG_5747B2278CE3-1

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Android users don't have that in the current 1.0.81-rc.na app.

Curious to note that "rc" might indicate "Release Candidate" in software terms...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Android users don't have that in the current 1.0.81-rc.na app.

Curious to note that "rc" might indicate "Release Candidate" in software terms...
It is in there, it's under "My Vehicles > Vehicle Configuration" for me.

But I don't believe it's the functionality that Porsche is calling "Plug & Charge". Maybe it is? I don't know? I did have two different EA 350 kw charger start charging automatically without touching anything but the plug, but I have no clear indication why. At the time I thought it was just a glitch with the charger, but maybe it wasn't?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am using iOS on an iPhone 7. I can't see the version of Charging NA app. I downloaded several weeks ago.
Sponsored