Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites - TheDriven

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
It is in there, it's under "My Vehicles > Vehicle Configuration" for me.

But I don't believe it's the functionality that Porsche is calling "Plug & Charge". Maybe it is? I don't know? I did have two different EA 350 kw charger start charging automatically without touching anything but the plug, but I have no clear indication why. At the time I thought it was just a glitch with the charger, but maybe it wasn't?
And so it is! Right you are!

However, sad to note it did not appear to do anything during my charging adventures last weekend. Apparently it is on by default (as I didn't even know it was there)...
Sponsored

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
However, sad to note it did not appear to do anything during my charging adventures last weekend. Apparently it is on by default (as I didn't even know it was there)...
I tried a new EA charger (Burlington, MA) yesterday, and plug and charge didn't work.

Note, too, that the process was different than it's been in the past (new Android .81 version). I had to tap the charger, then it presented a screen that said something along the lines of "charge for a fee". Porsche NA support was friendly but not helpful.

I ended up tapping it anyway to see what happened, and the charge started and didn't seem to charge me...but I don't know if that's because I had a free charging session queued up at EA from months ago, or because the Porsche service worked.

(There was also a lot of weird stuff going on with various Android intents during the charge, with issues switching between apps, sessions claiming to have been 'canceled' when they were in process, bonus sessions appearing and disappearing...they really haven't tested this stuff.)