First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all,
I've started using the ABRP (a better route planner)app recently and one issue I had was it didn't take into account your actual SOC (State of charge). I stumbled upon an initially free app (paid after trial.. for one car, something like 40 pounds a year) called Tronity.io

I signed up a free trial account (if you want to do the same, please use my referral link below and your trial is extended by 2 weeks for free), set up my car and preferences etc, then linked my ABRP app to the Tronity account. This means that the ABRP now has true real time SoC for each journey. On top of this, the Tronity gives you lots of very useful information. I can set my cost per Kwh either at home or at charging stations I use and it logs exactly the costs, time and amount of power taken.. I'm still messing around with it but I thought I'd share my initial thoughts on it. So far I'm pretty impressed with it.

I've put a link in my signature should you want to have an extended trial.
Porsche Taycan Tronity app Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 09.37.58
Porsche Taycan Tronity app Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 10.19.56
Porsche Taycan Tronity app Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 10.20.44

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just a quick update. I’ve been accepted and have been using for the last week or so the beta iPhone application for Tronity. Again, I’m impressed with this application and the level of detail I’m getting. The developers also seem very responsive in fixing bugs when reported. This is shaping up to be my go to app for charging information and with the live SoC link into ABRP it’s, in my opinion, well worth the money.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
Just a quick update. I’ve been accepted and have been using for the last week or so the beta iPhone application for Tronity. Again, I’m impressed with this application and the level of detail I’m getting. The developers also seem very responsive in fixing bugs when reported. This is shaping up to be my go to app for charging information and with the live SoC link into ABRP it’s, in my opinion, well worth the money.
I'm using ios beta app, i haven't all the information that i have on web based app, like charging graph or battery monitor or trips.
You have this information?

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm using ios beta app, i haven't all the information that i have on web based app, like charging graph or battery monitor or trips.
You have this information?
No, I'm like you but I'm sure this is stage 1.. I feel they are putting a lot of effort into releasing a good quality first app. I've added a few suggestions to them, one was the mileage between charges. I can imagine there is a fine balancing act to ensure you meet the demands of the many different EV's and owners expectations for the app.

gab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ MY21
Country flag
Hello - thanks for sharing!

Does the app automatically collect information from what Porsches uploads online, or do you need to enter everything manually?

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello - thanks for sharing!

Does the app automatically collect information from what Porsches uploads online, or do you need to enter everything manually?
It has a link from your Porsche automatically and sends some of that information to ARBP or, just use the Tronity app (currently online but very soon on IOS).

Reactions: gab

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
No, I'm like you but I'm sure this is stage 1.. I feel they are putting a lot of effort into releasing a good quality first app. I've added a few suggestions to them, one was the mileage between charges. I can imagine there is a fine balancing act to ensure you meet the demands of the many different EV's and owners expectations for the app.
I think tronity is really good app, i'm using from about two months and i'm really satisfied about the informartion, i really like it.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
HI it seems Porsche is not longer support with tronity, but they charge me anyway!!!
I’ve noticed my app has stopped working since June. I contacted support and they confirmed there was an issue with Porsche supporting the app at the moment but they were working on it. They advised that they would compensate for lost time on the subscription.
hope that helps.

jmi91

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve noticed my app has stopped working since June. I contacted support and they confirmed there was an issue with Porsche supporting the app at the moment but they were working on it. They advised that they would compensate for lost time on the subscription.
hope that helps.
Same answer for me... They think that they will not be able to resolve this issue until the end of June.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Same answer for me... They think that they will not be able to resolve this issue until the end of June.
Still not working... App is completely useless.... they claim it is on the porsche side....

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Meanwhile, an app I wrote for myself – ChargeBar – to quickly see the state of charge of my car from my Mac's menubar – continues to work fine using Porsche APIs.

Porsche Taycan Tronity app Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 09.40.17

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Meanwhile, an app I wrote for myself – ChargeBar – to quickly see the state of charge of my car from my Mac's menubar – continues to work fine using Porsche APIs.

Nice. Do yow need to be a Porsche's partner or employee to access the APIs? I have tried to register to the API portal but the say I need to have my mail "whitelisted"...

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
thanks. very interesting. I am still holding back from ordering a Taycan, mainly because of the faults a see reported on this forum, but also because I thought I would miss the ability to tinker with SW APIs (I had some fun developing an Apple Watch app for my Tesla, also in Swift, also for personal use only). Perhaps this is what I needed to convince myself and go for it :)
Sponsored