First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
All,

I searched the forums, but I didn’t have any luck. I’m almost positive it hasn’t been an inadvertent fob push, is there an explanation as to why this may be occurring? I have comfort access, but I’ve never successfully opened my trunk with the foot swipe. Both times, fortunately I was just grabbing a coffee, so someone gave me a heads up, but my fear is if it occurs at an airport, etc. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
This is realy funny. I had the exact same last week. Also twice.
first time I noticed that the trunk was open in the afternoon when I was aprox 30 meters away from the car all the time. Second time was in the following night. Key was in a metal box. Car parked 40 meters from the metal box. When I woke up and looked out of the window I saw the trunk was open.
Weird.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is realy funny. I had the exact same last week. Also twice.
first time I noticed that the trunk was open in the afternoon when I was aprox 30 meters away from the car all the time. Second time was in the following night. Key was in a metal box. Car parked 40 meters from the metal box. When I woke up and looked out of the window I saw the trunk was open.
Weird.
Just curious (I can’t believe I didn’t pay attention), was the rest of your car “unlocked” when you discovered the open trunk lid? I honestly don’t recall, but I’ll pay close attention the next time it occurs. If it was/is indeed locked, it isn’t/wasn’t a fob error. All doors and mirrors open when you use the fob to open the trunk.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
App control?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All,

I searched the forums, but I didn’t have any luck. I’m almost positive it hasn’t been an inadvertent fob push, is there an explanation as to why this may be occurring? I have comfort access, but I’ve never successfully opened my trunk with the foot swipe. Both times, fortunately I was just grabbing a coffee, so someone gave me a heads up, but my fear is if it occurs at an airport, etc. Thanks in advance.
The Force is strong, sounds like a fault if not an inadvertent fob push (I have this with my frunk).

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
The sensor for the comfort access kick to open is very sensitive, sometimes I trigger it on my Cayenne without realizing it, until it starts beeping and opening. Odds are high you have inadvertently opened with comfort access.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Mine opened with the hosepipe I was using to wash it last week. It must be sensitive.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can try to disable comfort access and see if it keeps happening. If not, then maybe the comfort access sensors are faulty.

I have the door problem where the car will unlock itself as soon as it's locked and that has been well documented in Taycans. Not a shocker if a similar problem with the boot also.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
You can try to disable comfort access and see if it keeps happening. If not, then maybe the comfort access sensors are faulty.

I have the door problem where the car will unlock itself as soon as it's locked and that has been well documented in Taycans. Not a shocker if a similar problem with the boot also.
Thank you…

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I had this problem too. Dealer was able to fix it by ordering a new door handle, painting it, and installing. Works great ever since. Until it was fixed I was using the rear door handle to lock the car when I walked away (my key fob is in a pouch so it's more difficult to press the lock button on the fob).

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just curious (I can’t believe I didn’t pay attention), was the rest of your car “unlocked” when you discovered the open trunk lid? I honestly don’t recall, but I’ll pay close attention the next time it occurs. If it was/is indeed locked, it isn’t/wasn’t a fob error. All doors and mirrors open when you use the fob to open the trunk.
Yep car was locked

hatpick

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
This happened to me too but the frunk, when it happens, car does not automatically turn on and it wont move the seat either.
My climate control stopped warming too. Took it to service center this morning.
Sponsored