Trunk Taycan vs Cross Turismo

salis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CL500
Country flag
Hi guys, I have been watching videos showing the trunk of the Taycan and the Cross Turismo and it seems the trunks are both the same size - the Cross Turismo obviously having the extra bit of space above the trunk cover, is this largely correct? So if you keep the trunk cover in the Cross Turismo, you have almost the same sized trunk as the Taycan (obviously easier to load/unload)?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
yep, the size is the same, but turismo has more space for (un)loading.

(edit: has, not have)

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I don’t think that’s accurate. The published cu ft or litre measurements for the cross turismo are based on the space under the “shelf” which is the cargo cover.

Porsche lists RWD trunk at 14.3 cu ft and cross turismo 4 at 15.8 - the CT measurement does not include the air space above the shelf which should be at least another few cu ft.

Edit: Addressed in this thread as well: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cargo-capacity.4785/#post-66482

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I stand corrected :angel:
I haven't checked numbers, I just remember a comment from youtube comment about "the same trunk, but easier to (u)load...

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I stand corrected :angel:
I haven't checked numbers, I just remember a comment from youtube comment about "the same trunk, but easier to (u)load...
Definitely not a surprise that the youtuber/comment oversimplified it. It happened in a few ways with the Panny ST as well:

1. "The ST has less than 2 cu ft more than the sedan, why would anyone get the ST!?" Well the space above the cargo cover wasn't included in the ST measurements ?‍♂

2. If you read comparisons from some of the biggest auto publications when the RS6 was launched, they all dismissed the PST as having too little cargo space without actually measuring it themselves or realizing that they were comparing two different standards. Made zero sense to me, and I never saw a correction - it seemed to be part of the narrative to elevate the RS6 further (as if it needed it!).

As someone with three large dogs, these details mean the difference of driving an engaging car/wagon vs a tall SUV.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Agreed.
But with three dogs, it's hard to believe that Porsche has a car for you :giggle:

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Here is a picture with the shelf

Porsche Taycan Trunk Taycan vs Cross Turismo E1AFC70B-0DB7-44FB-88D1-EE75CC7FCB85

and without

Porsche Taycan Trunk Taycan vs Cross Turismo 1BF833BA-0595-4CBA-B52D-9CA25E4AD0D1

A normal Taycan was next to it and visually you can see that the CT has more space and accessibility.

And if you don’t option the Bose, you’ll get even more space in the hidden compartment underneath.

OP
OP

salis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CL500
Country flag

E1AFC70B-0DB7-44FB-88D1-EE75CC7FCB85.jpeg

and without

1BF833BA-0595-4CBA-B52D-9CA25E4AD0D1.jpeg

A normal Taycan was next to it and visually you can see that the CT has more space and accessibility.

And if you don’t option the Bose, you’ll get even more space in the hidden compartment underneath.
I thought even if you get Bose, you have the empty space underneath the boot where you can store the cables?

OP
OP

salis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CL500
Country flag

E1AFC70B-0DB7-44FB-88D1-EE75CC7FCB85.jpeg

and without

1BF833BA-0595-4CBA-B52D-9CA25E4AD0D1.jpeg

I thought the cable compartment underneath the boot is always available, with or without Bose - please see below a screenshot from another forum thread - I have circled this compartment in blue:

Porsche Taycan Trunk Taycan vs Cross Turismo 1625037854367

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I thought the cable compartment underneath the boot is always available, with or without Bose - please see below a screenshot from another forum thread - I have circled this compartment in blue:

1625037854367.png
This space always exist, it's bigger if you don't option the Bose or Burmeister.
If you option one of those, there is space just for cables, if not, you can put a soft bag.

Boot capacity:
Taycan 407 l
Taycan with Bose 366 l
Taycan CT 430 l
Taycan CT with Bose 379 l
The front boot is always the same = 84 l

So the CT is adding 23 l and easier access.
And the Bose is removing 51 l but it's underneath so not usable for all usage.

I like this space as I'm using it in my current cars to fit my shoes, cables, snow chains, ski boots or other things like that, so I didn't option the Bose. But I understand that for others, the quality of the sound is more important and their dog won't fit in that space anyway, it's good to have the choice, I would have chosen the Bose if it was not removing any space.

OP
OP

salis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CL500
Country flag
This is really helpful, thanks! Do you happen to have a photo of this space without the Bose?

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This space always exist, it's bigger if you don't option the Bose or Burmeister.
If you option one of those, there is space just for cables, if not, you can put a soft bag.

Boot capacity:
Taycan 407 l
Taycan with Bose 366 l
Taycan CT 430 l
Taycan CT with Bose 379 l
The front boot is always the same = 84 l

So the CT is adding 23 l and easier access.
And the Bose is removing 51 l but it's underneath so not usable for all usage.
CT also has additional capacity above the shelf/cargo cover. That volume is currently unknown from what I’ve read.
Sponsored