Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Btw, if your Porsche dealer is saying it will take weeks to get a tire, they're not trying hard enough. Here's an example of my email. Tires were backordered, but I just emailed my tirerack rep, and he was able to ship them same day even though they showed backorder on their website. Got it next day from Indianna to CA. I just had to forward him an open repair order with VIN. If it's an emergency, they'll make it happen.

Porsche Taycan Try not to get a flat tire… backordered Screenshot_20211028-214520_Gmail
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fedex77

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Guys, DM me the tire size and brand you need. I'll check availability. Never heard of a tire taking 1 to 2 weeks . I've ordered taycan tires 20s and 21s. They usually arrive same day or longest 3 days. Michelin, conti, pirelli EV porsche tires. I keep a few in stock as well.
DM'd you thanks!

OP
OP
Fedex77

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tire rack told me 3-4 months....

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This makes no sense regardless of drivetrain - whoever is giving you that advice is really over reaching. 2 tires, yes, but all 4 tires needing to wear at the same rate or the warranty can get pulled...not a chance that happens.
Fully agreed - that's why I put "conventional wisdom" in quotes.

The tires dont wear at the same rate so the logic doesn't hold. Porsche wouldn't void your warranty, especially if they know the law in the US that protects a consumer here (Magnusson Moss). Also, "Porsche approved" - what does that mean? Are you talking about weight code and tire size - if so, that would be reasonable, but they cant deny a brand as unacceptable that meets the engineering specs.

Are you using hyperbole, or do you have an example?
I did find (compliments of a very proactive parts guy at Foreign Cars Italia - a.k.a. Porsche Greensboro in NC) that the tire dealers are holding back Porsche NF0 spec tires for Porsche dealers - given a VIN, you can get tires. But you may not be able to get this without going through a Porsche dealer, possibly Discount Tire. BTW if you are even remotely close to Greensboro, NC, I can't say enough positive things about the parts and service department here (and I'm also a fan of Porsche Southpoint in Durham, NC, and Euroclassics Porsche in Richmond, VA). If you go into Porsche Greensboro, you will oogle at the several million dollars of Italian and German car inventory they have !

Whether or not you need NF0 spec is up to you. I agree that switching out two tires on the same axle with non-NF0 tires should not be an issue. Mixing tires on an axle is not a good idea. However, mixing all-season and summer tires (e.g. all season on front, summer on back) is probably not a good idea.

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
How many miles do you have on those? I also have Continentals on my 4S and I’m wondering how much mileage I can reasonably expect to get out of them.
Just flipped 20,000. MIGHT have another 2-3k of dry weather driving but that would be pushing it. I can already feel Them slip in cool/wet weather if I drive aggressively. They won’t be any good in the snow At this point.

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just flipped 20,000. MIGHT have another 2-3k of dry weather driving but that would be pushing it. I can already feel Them slip in cool/wet weather if I drive aggressively. They won’t be any good in the snow At this point.
OK—I’m actually feeling pretty good about 22k miles. I was worried that it would be more like 15k! At my current driving rate, I’ve got about two more good years with these tires.

OP
OP
Fedex77

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s great, but means it’ll be a while before I get a full set of Michelins to replace the Contis

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I just saw an Audi E-Tron GT that had Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tires that had NF0 on the sidewall, so Audi dealerships may be an option for tires.

Porsche Taycan Try not to get a flat tire… backordered 554EABDA-D556-43AF-BB87-D0637722D0BC

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just saw an Audi E-Tron GT that had Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tires that had NF0 on the sidewall, so Audi dealerships may be an option for tires.

554EABDA-D556-43AF-BB87-D0637722D0BC.jpeg
I've got that tire as standard on my 20" wheels. Must say that I really like them!

On my RS5 I had normal P Zero's and wasn't likeing them in the rain, but these handle very nice in the rain. Also noise, efficiency and tyre wear is very good!

They might be less trackday focused but not sure since I haven't tried a Taycan with p zeros.

I did get hold of a set of winter P zero elect, wonder how they will fair in a few weeks when winter comes.