02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve complained about this many times because it is almost caused me to hit a curb before when pulling into a parking spot. It is especially bad if it is wet out because it is raining or after a car wash.
Sponsored

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Perhaps it is just coincidence but since the 3 updates were completed (500 miles ago), I have not experienced this occurrence. I first noticed that it was no longer occurring when pulling into a garage space. It was very predictable executing this particular parking maneuver.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I only tend to feel the unexpectedly long brake pedal travel on the driveway when I leave my garage, and therefore assumed that it was the Taycan's feature of skipping the first regenerative braking to keep the mechanical friction brakes in shape. Wrong assumption?

Deleted member 6348

A few random relevant thoughts…
  • Always take the car for a spin around the block after washing it. Use the brakes. This will clear any residual soap and water from the rotors. It will also keep iron rotors from rusting up right after a wash.
  • Porsche does an excellent job cooling their rotors — almost too well. In the cold and wet, it will take a few moments to warm them up and dry them off. While all brake types (Iron, PSCB, and PCCBs) will exhibit this, the PCCBs will really wake you up in wet and cold weather if/when you are relying upon the mechanical brakes alone. When road tripping modern 911s, I always give the pedal a tap every once in a while to warm the rotors and keep the brakes on the ready. One of the great things about the Taycan is that the regen really slow things down even when the rotors are cold and wet — best wet weather highway braking performance of any Porsche that I have driven.
  • If you haven’t driven your car for a day or so, Porsche will use the physical brakes exclusively for the first few applications of the pedal. This clears rust from the iron rotors and seats everything. It’s a good feature. You should just be aware of this when venturing out. On the power meter in the dash, you’ll see when you’re getting both.
  • RWD Taycans rely more upon the physical brakes than the AWD models and have smaller brakes if you didn’t option the PSCBs. I was startled by the difference when I recently had a Taycan RWD loaner. If you have a RWD Taycan, be especially attentive of the above points. The base Taycan brakes are excellent, but not quite up to the four door sports/supercar level of the AWD regen/bigger brakes of the higher trims.

Reactions: B61

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This has happened to me a few times. One time I almost drove right off the edge of a parking lot. Pedal felt like it went almost all the way to the floor.

• Wow

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
I used to have the same feeling at slow speeds before the uPdate, since i've got the uPdate i feel that the brake pedal feel/boost has improved and is more precise.... could be a placebo but i now feel more confident with the slow speed braking function and the transition from "Re-gen + pads" to "only Pads" have improved

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had brake fluid system flush and has solved it for me under warranty (for now) - brakes are tight and feel perfect at all speeds but especially low speeds (5mph to standstill). I’d suggest everyone get this done.
Porsche Taycan TSB: Brake Pedal Travel Perceived as “Too Long” Just Before the Vehicle Comes to a Standstill - July 22, 2022 EFEB7596-5BB1-41AF-8F1C-077213C0E7C1

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Just performed a brake bleed in preparation for a track day. Prior, I also had a slight transitional feeling at low speeds when the regen would switch to full mechanical brakes where the pedal would go low a bit. Never enough for me to complain about.

But after the brake bleed, the pedal is taller and firmer than before and absolutely seamless transition at low speeds going from regen to normal brakes. Highly suggest that anyone with this issue bring it up with their dealer. The soft or low pedal feeling is not right, no matter how subtle.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
My 2020 is in the shop right now for the big update and they’re looking into this exact issue which the dealership has been able to replicate. I’ll let you all know how / if it gets fixed.
my 2020 was fixed in Aug - it's better now.

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I’ve had this back to my dealer twice. The first time, they claimed to perform a “reset” and gave it back to me doing the same thing. This time they filled the TSB, replaced the booster and while it’s a bit better it still did it twice on my drive home

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had this back to my dealer twice. The first time, they claimed to perform a “reset” and gave it back to me doing the same thing. This time they filled the TSB, replaced the booster and while it’s a bit better it still did it twice on my drive home
Show them my paperwork - it fixed it 99.9%.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I also had mushy brakes at low speeds some of the time. When I took my 2022 RWD into the dealer for the uPdate a month ago, the dealer bled the brakes. All's better now.
Porsche Taycan TSB: Brake Pedal Travel Perceived as “Too Long” Just Before the Vehicle Comes to a Standstill - July 22, 2022 1667442496760

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
my brakes lose pressure when they hit a pothole, the brake sinks to the floor and the car jerks forward. I tried this with two other taycans and they were all the same. Three taycans all the same. Dealer bled the brakes but its still the same just a lil better.
Sponsored