npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have for sure experienced this. I'll be decelerating and the pedal basically goes to the floor when I'm braking for the final 10 mph. it's really jarring

guess2098

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan GTS, 23 EQS580 SUV
Country flag
happens to me too some time but most the time right turn into my office parking space. it will only occur right before complete stop, speed below 5 mph. few time I have to smash the brake otherwise it I feel it will bump the front car before stop

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Me too. I’ve more or less adjusted to being very careful braking when going slow but it is still uncomfortable and not right.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For those few times that it happened I noticed the regen was not working, so it requires you to push the pedal further to get the brake pads to apply. It’s extremely rare and at very low speed so it’s not a dire situation.

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
This happens to me all the time, really annoys me, seems like the only way to get smooth braking is to keep the pedal moving steadily. If you let off just a little bit it seems to lose all braking and then suddenly kicks in right at the end, which then feels like a big jolt.

I was hoping this would be fixed in the updated but it hasn't.

It's very disconcerting to be braking and the car not responding at all.
Although it only happens at low speed, it's frustrating during stop/start traffic and when you need slow down repeatedly at low speeds, e.g. for roads with speed bumps.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agreed with all above. It's not consistent and distracting

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
I experienced the same issues. My Taycan's brake system, over time, exhibited less grip, a tendency to lurch, and greater pedal travel which required earlier anticipation as well as greater pedal pressure to bring the vehicle to a stop. After performing several diagnostic tests by my Porsche SA, it was determined that the cause was attributed to a faulty brake booster. Since its replacement, the braking behavior has been fully restored to its peak level of performance.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Have had that happen twice. In both cases I was creeping along barely moving with foot on brake (once entering a roundabout and once checking a hard to see intersecting road for others cars) when I had to stop. Felt like I pushed the brake pedal to the floor.

It kind of felt like the car was saying “ regen braking is fine” and then “oh no I need to switch to real brakes“, which normally take a fraction of a second and in this case took a full second.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I experienced the same issues. My Taycan's brake system, over time, exhibited less grip, a tendency to lurch, and greater pedal travel which required earlier anticipation as well as greater pedal pressure to bring the vehicle to a stop. After performing several diagnostic tests by my Porsche SA, it was determined that the cause was attributed to a faulty brake booster. Since its replacement, the braking behavior has been fully restored to its peak level of performance.
Interesting. What is a brake booster? Is it the mechanism that blends regen with physical brakes?

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Interesting. What is a brake booster? Is it the mechanism that blends regen with physical brakes?
It amplifies the force exerted when pressing down on the brake pedal in order for the vehicle to slow down and come to a complete stop.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I think it's the transition from regenerative braking to mechanical braking. It's not "yet" possible without noticing it.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I rarely feel this and it is usually only at very low speed. I got into the habit of just using auto recuperation as well as braking a lot earlier. Though the brakes themselves are awesome. I took my Taycan to autocross with PCA, the car came to a complete stop from very fast speeds very very quickly. I was impressed at how fast it was because the car is so heavy.
Sponsored