TSB for Headrest Rattle

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
While I was having my update installed, I had service look at the passenger seat rattle (14-way seat). To my slight surprise, they reported that there is a TSB for the rattle in the headrest and have ordered parts! Looking forward to having it fixed. Will update eventually...
Sponsored

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
While I was having my update installed, I had service look at the passenger seat rattle (14-way seat). To my slight surprise, they reported that there is a TSB for the rattle in the headrest and have ordered parts! Looking forward to having it fixed. Will update eventually...
Thanks for posting! I am bringing mine in tomorrow for a seat rattle (14-way) and will mention this. It's a significant rattle - sounds like something became detached inside the upper back of the seat. Maybe it is different but appreciate the heads up about the TSB.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good to see finally see some progress towards addressing rattles for existing customers. I hope they issue another one for the door panels and the driver sear..

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will add that, in addition to requiring parts from Germany, the repair will require them to remove the seat and send it to an upholstery firm to install the fix. Hoping it won't take too long...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
my rattle was in the passenger headrest and as per a post on the forums here the fix was to extend it out, then give it a hard whack pushing back to position. it worked for me the rattle was gone.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Any idea what the number is for the TSB? This is the one issue I haven't been able to get resolved by the dealer. They 'fixed' it by moving the headrest to an intermediate position, but it immediately rattled again after my wife sat in the seat.

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any idea what the number is for the TSB? This is the one issue I haven't been able to get resolved by the dealer. They 'fixed' it by moving the headrest to an intermediate position, but it immediately rattled again after my wife sat in the seat.
I don't know. I will ask when they take my car, though.

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, when I picked the car up, the Service Advisor who was there (a different one) didn’t know about a TSB, and the receipt shows that the original SA simply ordered a part and did not attach it to a TSB. So I totally forgot to report the TSB number to the forum since there apparently was not one.

Porsche Taycan TSB for Headrest Rattle IMG_0927
Sponsored