TTS MY 2020. Does anyone know what are these things on the Mission E rim?

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
I purchased this 2020 TTS last month with mission E wheels. Just today noticed these 2 small plastic rectangular pieces on the right back wheel. Does anybody know what these might be?

Porsche Taycan TTS MY 2020. Does anyone know what are these things on the Mission E  rim? 20220222_172616

Porsche Taycan TTS MY 2020. Does anyone know what are these things on the Mission E  rim? 20220222_163855

OP
OP
Quest786

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those are wheel weights used to balance the wheel.
That's what I also thought but their location and color (white on the black rim) made me feel it to be awkward. I wonder why couldn't these be at least color matched as these look like warts on the beautiful shiny black rim!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
The wheel weights on my Mission E wheels are black as they came from the factory.

Recently, my left front tire was damaged and I took it in to be replaced at the dealership because I have the Porsche wheel/tire warranty. When they rebalanced the wheel, they used light colored weights similar to the ones on your wheel and they did look mismatched. So, before I reinstalled the wheel/tire on my car I masked off the weights and spray painted them with a gloss black acrylic enamel paint. They are now virtually invisible and look just like the factory ones on the other wheels.

OP
OP
Quest786

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The wheel weights on my Mission E wheels are black as they came from the factory.

Recently, my left front tire was damaged and I took it in to be replaced at the dealership because I have the Porsche wheel/tire warranty. When they rebalanced the wheel, they used light colored weights similar to the ones on your wheel and they did look mismatched. So, before I reinstalled the wheel/tire on my car I masked off the weights and spray painted them with a gloss black acrylic enamel paint. They are now virtually invisible and look just like the factory ones on the other wheels.
Mike ,thanks so much for clarifying and the great suggestion. I will paint those as you suggested.
Sponsored