Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything??

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
I would. You’ve had it before so you know what it is. It’s not that it shows a single thing you can’t get from looking down at the dash. The benefit is that it’s right there in the windshield and you don’t have to look down, which is somehow a little bit of a hardship that I still haven’t gotten used to. It’s most useful to see your speed and the speed limit - for some reason many people tend to exceed the speed limit in the Taycan...
Thanks Dave - appreciate your comments.

I've caved in and added HUD. Also thanks to a good spot by @Per I've changed the wheel colour to high-gloss black from jet black metallic.

Can hopefully now finally closedown the configurator and get on with life again :)

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? Spec2.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
And I can see that you have chosen Jet Black paint on the rims. The High Gloss Black paint will match the rest of the high gloss black parts on the car. The Jet Black will have some metallic shine to it.
Thanks again for the good spot on the rims Per. Changed the finish to High Gloss Black.

....and also caved in on the HUD option :)

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? Spec2.JPG

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks Dave - appreciate your comments.

I've caved in and added HUD. Also thanks to a good spot by @Per I've changed the wheel colour to high-gloss black from jet black metallic.

Can hopefully now finally closedown the configurator and get on with life again :)

Spec2.JPG
Nice. You won’t regret it!

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Nice. You won’t regret it!
I reckon I might be on my own here but I drive a lot around Silverstone and track days and I never look at the dash or a HUD. It all detracts from the feel of the car and engine. As EV is worse for feeling the car as its so damned silent, perhaps HUD helps more on EVs?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Liking the look of yours

Liking the look of your Taycan Nick. Really like the Crayon and pleased I've gone with that colour option. Like the silver contrast on the rims.
Cheers Jonny, I actually would of specd all black wheels but as I said had to keep option costs down. My original intention was to get them painted black ASAP but now they have arrived they do suit the car. May leave for a while now and consider all black further down the line!
On the HUD front my merc that just went had HUD. Thought I’d miss it, I don’t. Plenty of displays to be looking at in the taycan !
Sponsored