Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything??

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Possibly:

Adaptive Cruise
Park Assist Surround View

There have been comments on here about race tex wheels not wearing very well but I have no personal experience of that.

expect to have a £700 charge for the mobile charger if you change the spec though!
Sponsored

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I can strongly recommend:

Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus

Makes a huge difference at low and high speed when turning.

Reactions: jan

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
And I can see that you have chosen Jet Black paint on the rims. The High Gloss Black paint will match the rest of the high gloss black parts on the car. The Jet Black will have some metallic shine to it.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I’d say you’ve nailed it. Pretty much as I’d of spec’d it ( without the charging bits, but only as I know nothing about what these add) if mine wasn’t a company car.

As mine is a CC and basically I get nothing back on any options I had to find a mid ground on the option list.

My 4s

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? 1-EB30345-2779-4-E7-C-A555-57025253504-A

stevie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
Country flag
I’d say you’ve nailed it. Pretty much as I’d of spec’d it ( without the charging bits, but only as I know nothing about what these add) if mine wasn’t a company car.

As mine is a CC and basically I get nothing back on any options I had to find a mid ground on the option list.

My 4s

1-EB30345-2779-4-E7-C-A555-57025253504-A.jpg
Wow that looks good - what colour did you go for ?

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
I know you said you decided against it, but since you’re asking, I would definitely add the HUD. That’s the biggest option I regret not having in my Taycan.
I think you've put together a beautiful automobile. The Crayon exterior suggests the Mission E legacy but gives you a personal version of Porsche's original intent. I actually went with the Carrera White just to pay homage to Mission E. I've added the Sport Design package in carbon fiber as a way of creating a bit of distinction.

I would skip the HUD. It doesn't seem to provide enough new information that isn't easily visible on the dash and it sort of kills the pure line of the instrument housing cover that is unique to Taycan.

Here's mine. Please send pics of yours when you get it.

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? Taycan 2 copy

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? Taycan 3 copy

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
I didn't option the HUD despite having it on a couple of previous cars.

I rather like the HUD on current M4, but it is mainly making up for the fact that the other instrumentation is rather old fashioned. On the Taycan, like the Audi S5 I had before the M4, it felt like the customisable digital instrumentation was more than enough with adding the HUD too. Hopefully, I won't regret it...
That was my logic Josh, the customisable displays on the Taycan seems like they'd be enough to display everything you need to see. I had an M6 Gran Coupe which had the traditional dials so the HUD was a must ( although from memory it may well have been standard equipment ).

Freeze date today though.....and I'm still twitching whether to annoy the dealer one last time and add the HUD!

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
I think you've put together a beautiful automobile. The Crayon exterior suggests the Mission E legacy but gives you a personal version of Porsche's original intent. I actually went with the Carrera White just to pay homage to Mission E. I've added the Sport Design package in carbon fiber as a way of creating a bit of distinction.

I would skip the HUD. It doesn't seem to provide enough new information that isn't easily visible on the dash and it sort of kills the pure line of the instrument housing cover that is unique to Taycan.

Here's mine. Please send pics of yours when you get it.

Taycan 2 copy.jpg

Taycan 3 copy.jpg
Thanks Cliff.

Loving the look of your Taycan with the Sports Design Package which makes it stand out.

Will be sure to post some pics early in the new year ( hopefully - Brexit permitting! )

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Possibly:

Adaptive Cruise
Park Assist Surround View

There have been comments on here about race tex wheels not wearing very well but I have no personal experience of that.

expect to have a £700 charge for the mobile charger if you change the spec though!
Thanks for the reply. I've previously had surround view on a BMW and found it helpful but not an absolute must so just opted for the rear camera. Hope I don't regret that!

I was worried about getting charged for the Mobile Charger Connect when I added 150kw DC and Comfort Access to the spec last week, but apparently it doesn't then charge for it.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And I can see that you have chosen Jet Black paint on the rims. The High Gloss Black paint will match the rest of the high gloss black parts on the car. The Jet Black will have some metallic shine to it.
Great spot Per - thanks! Hadn't even noticed the difference on the rims. Going to try and get them changed to high gloss black rather than jet black.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I've previously had surround view on a BMW and found it helpful but not an absolute must so just opted for the rear camera. Hope I don't regret that!

I was worried about getting charged for the Mobile Charger Connect when I added 150kw DC and Comfort Access to the spec last week, but apparently it doesn't then charge for it.
Strange, they started charging for it again recently (but gave you the basic charger free instead).
Also just FYI, some Feature-on-Demand addons like Innodrive require you to already have Adaptive Cruise, so if you think you *might* want those later on (even as a 3-month trial) you'd need to spec it at this stage.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow that looks good - what colour did you go for ?
Liking the look of yours

My 4s

1-EB30345-2779-4-E7-C-A555-57025253504-A.jpg
Liking the look of your Taycan Nick. Really like the Crayon and pleased I've gone with that colour option. Like the silver contrast on the rims.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Strange, they started charging for it again recently (but gave you the basic charger free instead).
Also just FYI, some Feature-on-Demand addons like Innodrive require you to already have Adaptive Cruise, so if you think you *might* want those later on (even as a 3-month trial) you'd need to spec it at this stage.
I was worried as when I updated the spec on the configurator it did force the Mobile Charger Connect as a cost option, but spoke to the dealer and when they added the additional spec on their back-end system it didn't charge for it.

Didn't know about the FOD aspect - will take a look now - thanks.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That was my logic Josh, the customisable displays on the Taycan seems like they'd be enough to display everything you need to see. I had an M6 Gran Coupe which had the traditional dials so the HUD was a must ( although from memory it may well have been standard equipment ).

Freeze date today though.....and I'm still twitching whether to annoy the dealer one last time and add the HUD!
I would. You’ve had it before so you know what it is. It’s not that it shows a single thing you can’t get from looking down at the dash. The benefit is that it’s right there in the windshield and you don’t have to look down, which is somehow a little bit of a hardship that I still haven’t gotten used to. It’s most useful to see your speed and the speed limit - for some reason many people tend to exceed the speed limit in the Taycan...
Sponsored